I expect MNKD to go further down from here

Discussion in 'MannKind' started by AzizLab, Jul 17, 2016 at 9:10 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. AzizLab

AzizLab Guest

Let's face it: Afrezza may be the greatest drug delivery system ever invented (jury still out on that), but it won't sell itself. The medical community is very conservative (rightfully so). IF (BIG IF) Afrezza is truly harmless and useful, it will take doctors and insurance companies at least a decade before they sanction it. In the meantime, Mannkind has enough cash for 3-4 months and maybe able to raise enough for additional 6 months max. So bankruptcy is the most probable conclusion. The only hope is a buy out. Given Sanofi's experience (failure) to take Afrezza to market, buyers aren't lining up right now. A giant pharma may become interested in a few patents at the right price. Perhaps 10c per share? 25c if they are very generous and want a tax right off. It is what it is....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what is the point you're trying to make. Nobody cares about your opinion. I do believe the company has some options which will become evident over the next six months. If the company will sell themselves before they whatever file bankruptcy. Good luck on your shorting expedition

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol yes, this short is very transparent

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only way to survive is to raise cash. Lots of it. This means dilution. Shareholders are screwed one way or another. If holding for the long haul write it off for now and go back in 3 years. You may only have 1/10th as many shares (reverse split) but they may be worth $10+

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey man, thanks for the advise, but, I'm good. I'm going to hold on to my shares and reap the rewards in three years.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With shares at $1 each and not budging for the last 6 months, MNKD can't raise enough money to get Afrezza off the ground. Regardless, raising money doesn't create demand where it doesn't exist. MNKD is dead. Period.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They said the same thing about Jesus, another disruptor to the status quo. Now we celebrate his resurrection every April.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think we can safely assume that MNKD is not the Son of God.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you know? HOW DO YOU KNOW? I do know that it's the 2nd coming of insulin though.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, it's certainly a big pile of #2, if that's what you mean.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, it's insulin, but better! You know, if you guys who want it to fail were at least honest with the realities that it offers, and perhaps argued that the market isn't ready for it, you'd be somewhat believable. But as it stands, you just come off as petty and ignorant!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure. It's the greatest thing in the world, but amazingly, no one wants to use it because "the market isn't ready." The market has been prepping for inhalable insulin for about 15 years now. Just face it - it's not as good as you think it is. It's ignorant to continue to believe you have a blockbuster on your hands when the market has seen it and rejected it. It's human insulin in a different delivery device. No more, no less.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But the market hasn't seen it. Sanofi made sure of that. Look at their marketing for their insulin products, then look at what they did for Afrezza. I don't expect you to agree, but, fact is fact.
    But curious, if it's the dog you say it is, and you're not invested in it's success, why waste time posting on Mannkind's inevitable demise?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why? Because I want to. I like to banter with people like you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hmmmm....it seems to me that you have the talking points down, so I'm thinking you provide this type of deep analysis on other sites discussing Mannkind as well, for what reasons, I do not know. But, I can guess! I just know that if I see something I see as a complete failure, I kind of move on instead of wasting my time on it if I have nothing invested in it. ;-)

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmmmm....you are completely wrong. I haven't posted a single thing about Afrezza or Mannkind on any site but this one. Sorry to burst your bubble there, buddy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sweetheart, the market HAS seen it. It was called Exubera. It was a huge fail. This had nothing to do with Sanofi, trust me. I'm a rep (not for Sanofi) and their asses were on the line to sell this. The docs weren't biting. I don't care WHO Mannkind trains to sell this, it's not going to be the blockbuster they want it to be. You are either an investor or one of the .5% of diabetics who would prefer a non injection.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol see here is where I know that someone is not really thinking or is shorting the stock. There are always failures when trying to change the status quo. Exubera was a failure but it was an attempt to change the way things are done. Afrezza is next gen. To compare it to Exubera...that's like comparing a boombox to an iPod. Or the first cell phone to today's smart phones. Exubera was the size of a liter of soda, and had other issues that I won't go into here. But IMHO the size of the product was the main hurdle to people even wanting to try it. Yes, I'm an investor, but only invest in things that I think are paradigm shifts in the status quo. Risky but if this goes down I won't notice. But I want it to succeed because I've sold diabetic products in the past and have seen the results of non-compliance, people not wanting to take shots, etc., first hand. And shots are primitive...anyone who brings up the .5% of people who would prefer a non-injection...well, I have a bridge you might want to take a look at.
    And I was a rep as well, know sanofi reps, and trust me, their asses were not on the line to sell this. Be that as it may, we shall see, Sweetheart.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol, ok.