I got a promotion using this schedule

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We remember this fellow. He was fired . Go find a job .

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes there are better jobs out there and you should apply when they show up on the job boards.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the clown who was fired and couldn't hack the drug rep job.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. It's a sad reality, but you hear many folks say "play the game" well, that gets old too.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes it gets very old since we have others who don't live in reality and drink look aid all day.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hilarious dreaming.
    1. There are NO promotions available for field reps unless you are with a VERY small company. (either a startup or very small growth company.) Do you believe there are a dozen DM job openings posted? HA HA Even product management jobs in the home office (working 7 am-7 pm) are given to Ivy League grads from the outside.

2. Now, with that said, I did get promoted using a similar schedule. It WAS with SB not GSK. Mgt. has too many "tracking systems" these days to work those hours. You KNOW exactly what I mean. I worked the "T shift"-ie-Tues thru Thurs 10-2.

3. Moved straight into the startup Managed Care Division with SB. (1st specialty department in the history of pharma--yes, ahead of Pfizer) Had NO desire to become a DM & get a rep's "best day" M-R - then one hectic office day on Friday. That is the worst job in America if you have a degree.

4. On the other hand, RAM & NAM jobs are the best jobs in America. No managing people. Office in your residence & spend 3-4 days per week there in sweats. (3-4 hours max per day) Great salaries and "boni bucks." hee hee.

5. Saved like a deamon in a 2 BR apartment (1 BR was my office of course) & retired at age 48. In the top 2% of wealth back then! I am talking saving like a deamon though! Company car of course--like you. However, no travel vacations, no dates (just pickups at closing time so no $ spent) no kids or pets, just a goal I was VERY determined to achieve. ie-RETIRE b4 age 50! Per my fin. planner I could and should have done it @ 40.

Happy reppin' folks! Wrong time, wrong job. Grow something and get into device sales. It is your only way out of swallowing gallons of pride and ending up a 65 year old reppie sobbing at night.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If everyone remembers, this is the same poster that never married, left GSK for some strange reason after making 3 million. He has three sport cars , two jets, and owns an island in the Bahamas. Don't believe a thing he says.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I remember that clown. He was caught lying so many times, it was embarrassing.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice try, but no dice Robby. (Robby the rep.) It must be horrible to wake up every day with the feelings of-I hate to leave this job since I can enjoy "flexible hours" but at the same time, wrestle daily with the horrifying vision of sitting at a District meeting at age 66 with a bunch of 20 somethings. Hilarious. (btw-from what I hear friends still in the industry saying--it is not "that flexible" anymore. eg-he is a manager & says reps who do not work an 8 hour day have to spend more time figuring out how to "get around the system." Think about that. You live in non-stop stress trying to make sure you do not "get caught.") Ahhhhh..........I loved my career. I hear you never hire RAMS from the field these days and they are all brought in from insurance companies. LOL. Have you ever flown 1st class from a national meeting and had the entire field force including the RVP walk by you as you sat up front with your cocktail? I loved those meetings. Dirty looks you would not believe. We earned our points flying weekly!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please take your meds!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By the way--no stress

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. The above poster is a liar. No real RAM or District Manager would ever post here. Nobody above a field rep posts here. Never a retired NAM who may admit to a tad of boredom from time to time. If they say they retired early and were fortunate to get promoted from the field, never believe a word they say. In fact, I was told that to post here there are now guidelines that make you prove via Skype that you are, in fact, a true reppie. You must be live standing next to your trunk with samples visible. (I was lucky and got grandfathered.) Yes, I am a miserable rep who had a snoring obese roomie at the last meeting. He ate 9 burritos at the buffet and of course Marriotts have no bathroom fans. I got sick in the trash can. Then he sat there naked asking me questions about how I pack my trunk. I got frightened since I could tell where the conversation was going about "the trunk" since I do a lot of squats. I got dressed and sprinted down the hall screaming and was later fired. I just started sobbing now thinking about it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is speaks to my inner Emma. Great job!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

50% of the time it works every time

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do hope that one day when you are old and gray sitting in your rocking chair......that you look back at a wasted life , and what you could have accomplished if you had only tried. Shame on you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man hands