I hate this company

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2008 at 4:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate this company. I hate my crappy manager. And my sales are too low to even try to go anywhere. I'm stuck like a pig in mud with this godforsaken place. No managed care and baselines based on docs who aren't even in my territory. This place really sucks.

I'm just waiting for the day I get let go. Here come the lawyers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel your pain. There are a lot of us in the same boat. We feel the same way, just too chicken shit to post it.

Oh well, onward and upward. Talk about bad mc coverage; what about launching a product with NO samples and then trying to scam the pharmacists into switching prescriptions patients have been on and have done well on. This is Sciele. Maybe Shionigi will get rid of the current management and put someone in the ivory tower who has a HEART.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we are all in the same boat with m/c. we all have unfair expectations. everyone knows sciele helps the unseasoned sales reps break into pharma. we all knew this when we got hired. get your experience and move on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to have a target list with CURRENT prescribers in my territory. Honest to God, where in the hell do they get the lists they come up wth? One of my docs hadn't practiced in over 5 years, and one address was over 10 years old.

I could do a better job googling.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is the same with every company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

REALITY CHECK....Schering laid off 5,500 reps a few weeks ago....Sanofi and Merck are doing MAJOR lay-offs on Dec. 1st. Lastly, I've heard that Pfizer will start the cuts in January. So while we have shitty products, shitty managed care and shitty management.....we still have our jobs. It really can only get better with Shionogi taking over. Just be thankful that you get a paycheck every 2 weeks and that you still have health insurance. Personally, I would not want to be out there looking for a job in the pharmaceutical industry right now. It is rough out there and with the bad economy.....I am happy where I am right now....you should be too!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Sherlock...guess what's gonna happen with Sciele? The yips didn't buy this company to NOT make money. There will be some cutbacks....but "they" will say it's because of performance....which is not altogether untrue. It's hard to perform when products are losing managed care coverage, there aren't any samples, there aren't products to fill the prescriptions, and "someone" forgot to put an ingredient in a product list for something we import from Europe.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a new rep, it sounds like this place really sucks?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, this place really sucks. and if you are the new rep in WH, you will not be employed 6 months from now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHo monitors the managers. how do they get away with not managing. Untimely emails. flights scheduled back and forth and back and forth?! Get it all done why you are in one state. why fly back to the same state every week? I don't want a micro manager, but I would like a competent manager. it makes me hate my getting out of bed. I love my job, but the politics of it are driving me nuts. My numbers are fine, not great but fine. Take away my incentive to be great... and then what? why would I get out of bed? I'm sick of the way they talk to us and act like they are doing stuff. i know you do nothing on your "office days", because I get no information on your office days. instead I get a request for IMMEDIATE attention, that has been sitting in your inbox for over a week. Because you don't work.... why do we even have managers? Save money by just getting rid of them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a managers job in this company has become to appear busy to those above them. They know we don't need them, so they just ask us to do enough so they can appear like they are needed.

Look at the next email you get from a DM and look how many times its been forwarded to you, haha, its amazing, I wish I could copy it hear but it would give me away. Heres a thought, how about the originator of the email, just send it to directly who needs it. Don't send an email to someone just to forward to someone else haha, FWD: BLAH BLAH, please send to DMs, then the DM sends it to their kiss ass rep to send out to everyone on the team, haha.

This company from HO to the DMs is just one big cirlce jerk of a waste of time, with incompetent management.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Jennifer Philpott still working for Sciele?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm that's a good question...I am not sure but sure gave a mean handjob! But on another note I heard she is a "snake"! So you take the good with the bad...but seriously she gives awesome handjobs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to tell you but the industry no longer has a heart. When shareholders get used to a certain return, nothing less will do. When I started in the industry about 16 years ago, it was a place to make great money and enjoy what you do. Now the pressure is on everyone and no one is safe. Do yourself a favor, when you get to the point that when you wake up in the morning and hate you life, get out. That is what I did and I am a new man. I make slightly less with my startup company and no unrealistic sales forcasts to deal with. It is a dying industry!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We must have the same manager. What an idiot. How does he still have his job? I can't believe the regionals he's worked under haven't caught on... WTF?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She was at the NSM. I heard they fired JJ as a DM to save her, and put her in his spot, b/c KF knew they were transferring all the training dept.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you must be talking about RT. He flie to Arizona to spend a day with one rep. Then flies back the following week to spend a 1/2 day with the other rep. He only rode with me twice last year. and one of those "ride a longs" we just sat at Ihop for 3 hours, then went to lunch for 2 hours. he eats a lot. he never even saw me interact with any offices. He did put on his report to LC that he rode with me 7-8 times. hmmmm, where are the coaching reports then? oh yea, you don't ever do any reports. Laura, why do you allow him to do nothing? He never sends out emails on his office days. only at 2am. and then they come flying, 5 or 6 at a time. followed by a text message that says "i have sent you several emails. I need you to reply by tomorrow night" scroll up, and you can see that he got the email a week ago. sometimes he gets clever though, and copies and pastes the email. so you don't see the date it was sent to him. Does he think we don't have friends in other districts? Do you think we don't know when they get direction? example territory binders, business plans, and the whole training timeline for kapvay that we got 2 weeks late. and leave Kumar alone. I'm sick of hearing you bash him.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She was in marketing, not training. She and JJ were both laid off and had to interview against each other as well as other people for the Atlanta DM slot. You heard wrong.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In your dreams