I hate this job

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my family feels completely neglected because ALL I DO IS WORK..... weeknights, weekends! I am fried as there truly is NO work life balance.... not sure how much longer I can do this!!!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But but but, the bonus potential. Presidents Club. Employee stock purchase (joke). Isn’t it all worth the sacrifice? Come on. Where is your swagger? Your professional arrogance? You’re all worthless and weak.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leadership will repeat over and over “we get paid really well here and you should expect to make sacrifices.” Meanwhile, there are other companies expanding now that are paying WAY more and offering sign on bonuses. Don’t be brainwashed by our leaders. Talk to the recruiters and open your eyes. Half our district is interviewing. I’m trying to GTFO before the next POA death march.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dont let people tell you that you are out earning your peers in this industry and that's why you should be expected to make extreme sacrifices. A few of us from my old district all left and all are making way more money, in smaller geographies with actual respected products. You are fooling yourself if you think you work for a company that respects you and your career. You don't have to leave pharma to get what you want. It's there. You just have to quit being complacent and show those assholes that keeping the best reps requires even an ounce of respect and trust.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% true. There are three startups right now including two in GI and they are all starting people over $120,000 base plus. Don’t get shit on here by lousy leadership because you think you can’t make “Salix” money. You are worth more.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What companies please. I need to get out of here asap

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a 14k base increase with my new job and bonus structure at 100% is much higher
    than Salix. My new company’s stock is over $235 a share; employee stock, pension, better health insurance. .. everything is an upgrade especially having a work/ life balance.

My new manager is super nice and chill. Everything isn’t a fire drill like at Salix. The compant is drama free and a healthy environment to work in.

I would have taken a pay cut to be where I’m at now .... life is so much better now. I have time to hit th gym, engergy to hang out with my friends again. The last year at Salix has felt like 10 years. It’s great to be freeeeee.

We only get one life and time flys. It’s not worth giving your all to a shady ass company like Valeant. My old manager would call me at 7pm, 8pm even 9pm for fire drills. The constant ride alongs every 3 to 4 weeks (no matter how good my numbers were) -my manager only rode to the reps closest to his/ her house. That’s abuse of power if you ask me.

I wasn’t sure if I could get out in one year bc it looks like I job hopped but it’s do able. It’s all how you frame it in the interview.

Good luck everyone who is interviewing- live is much better after Valeant / Salix. Then again, can anything be worse than Salix??

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a 14k base increase with my new job and bonus structure at 100% is much higher
    than Salix. My new company’s stock is over $235 a share; employee stock, pension, better health insurance. .. everything is an upgrade especially having a work/ life balance.

My new manager is super nice and chill. Everything isn’t a fire drill like at Salix. The compant is drama free and a healthy environment to work in.

I would have taken a pay cut to be where I’m at now .... life is so much better now. I have time to hit th gym, engergy to hang out with my friends again. The last year at Salix has felt like 10 years. It’s great to be freeeeee.

We only get one life and time flys. It’s not worth giving your all to a shady ass company like Valeant. My old manager would call me at 7pm, 8pm even 9pm for fire drills. The constant ride alongs every 3 to 4 weeks (no matter how good my numbers were) -my manager only rode to the reps closest to his/ her house. That’s abuse of power if you ask me.

I wasn’t sure if I could get out in one year bc it looks like I job hopped but it’s do able. It’s all how you frame it in the interview.

Good luck everyone who is interviewing- live is much better after Valeant / Salix. Then again, can anything be worse than Salix??

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sage, Dova, Aries, Regeneron and Redhill are all gearing up for launches and expansion. Recruiters are very active. Big numbers being tossed around. Working on my exit plan now. I hate interviewing but I hate this more.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

https://www.sagerx.com/careers.php

Interesting.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every post from today on this thread is from the same idiot.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah it must be. Because everyone is so happy here and nobody ever leaves.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s no joke about a 75% match to your ESP - if you can hold out to the vesting period it will easily trump any other investment that you can make, and with very minimal risk.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you really mention RedHill as an opportunity??? You just lost any credibility that you may have had. Most of those startups will try and talk you into a lateral move with a chance at the New “old” Salix. I know several people that left for those promises (Cempra , Synergy to name a few) that would die to be back here , and they also ended up walking away from at least 100K that they lost here.
    No thanks. Best info luck to you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That 75% would be awesome. But most make it here a year or two at most and then leave anyway. Ask the people from the KAM team who just got cut how that match worked out when they got cut without notice.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Newbie. Call me in three years after you collect all that matching cheddar. That is if they don't displace you right before you vest. Ha Ha.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just got a job making A LOT more money and much better benefits- not in GI

This company is toxic - I’m resigning Monday! I can’t wait to drop the bomb on my boss. He can keep reps!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the strangest culture I’ve ever worked in. Crazy turnover. In your face favoritism and a total lack of professioni or respect from management. The $$$$ is good though.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I meant to type professionalism.