I hate this job

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People leaving left and right. A lot are walking away months from vesting in 401k match, employee stock purchase match, etc. What is it that makes people here so miserable they would leave thousands on the table for a lateral move into another company?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not necessarily... a lateral move with a typical company-yes I agree with you...
    But a lateral move with Salix would be more comparable to being a garbage man-actually, I’d rather be a garbage man than work here. It’s that bad. The most tenured rep in my district has 15 months - that says it all.
    It’s knowing the docs and pt’s love the drugs, they just can’t afford them because of the unethical biz model they follow. Did you ever see the documentary they warned us about a few months back? We are the laughing stock of the industry and the only way they could possibly attract talent is to overpay them...

And they still can’t retain employees, it’s terribly pathetic.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Short answer... toxic company culture.

The “reps” on cf who claim it’s not possible to make more $$ and get better benefits are just DSM trolls that are trying to prevent you from turning over.

I know more than one rep who left their regular Q4 bonus check & 15k accelerator bonus (Jan 2018 payout) on the table to accept another pharma gig... just not worth the harassment, discrimination & torture from our manager(s).

I made it out; making 40k more a year with MUCH better benefits. Plus I’m not handcuffed to an iPad anymore, that’s worth $50k alone... my manager literally gave me nightmares

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salix has been a tough place to work for a while. It got ridiculous when the grim reaper from Valeant’s dental supply company took over. This place is a misery. No fun. No good news.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant is a sad place...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok mike m. but how much are you actually away from home? We’re working our asses off. More than ever. You are smug.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

mohan?? Lol, please. You work, I’ll watch and then tell you how much smarter I am then you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy crap, that is funny and so true.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At no other company in the world would these r*****s be in senior sales leadership.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even Magnifica folks are over it & liking to it out!

Most of them just hit over a year in the pharma industry & looking elsewhere. This is a hard company to start off at. I have a lot of experience & couldn’t deal with all the moving parts & toxic company culture.

I’m so happy at my new job. It’s night & day! You all can find something better too...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even Magnifica folks are over it & looking to get out!

Most of them just hit over a year in the pharma industry & looking / Interviewing as we speak.

I’ve never been a fan of them but this is definitely a hard company to start off in pharma.

I have a lot of experience & couldn’t deal with all the moving parts & toxic company culture.

I’m so happy at my new job. It’s night & day! You all can find something better too...

Best of luck!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck Salix and this merry band of douchebag leaders.