I hate to exercise!

Discussion in 'Fitness and Nutrition' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy shit, CP Soothsayer erased her bathtub exercise post! Come on CP Soothsayer, please re-post it. It was hilarious.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a shame. All that work put into describing water aerobics in the bathtub, gone! At least she realized how stupid it sounded.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would also like to request the reposting of the bathtub leg workout! I was looking forward to getting my "short shorts" legs back while enjoying a nice warm bubble bath.

I propose that CPS be among those "laughing at us all the way to the bank"! Please make a workout DVD series in the bathtub! Suggested titles:

Lather, Rinse, Repeat: Shampooing Your Way to Beautiful Biceps
    Just "Ab" Water: Bringing a Whole New Meaning to Washboard Abs
    Rub-A-Dub-Dub: Leg Workout in the Tub
    Don't Drop the Soap: An Incarceration-Inspired Glute Transformation

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO! That was awesome!

Come on CP Soothsayer COME BACK COME BACK!

5. Well, the 'bathtub workout' is gone Smoothie, never to return.

And it's a damn good thing I didn't post exercises you can do with an ordinary chair, a set of stairs, a resistance band and a basic exercise mat or you people out there with an incessant need to cyberbully would have had a field day. So, suck it. Find another target.

And Bl4, the quintessential cyberbully of Cafepharma, I'd love to know your background (and gender for that matter). The only thing that gets you going on here is when someone brings up weight training. But it's never to offer experienced advice--just criticism..which tells me you don't know shit from shinola.

I have set a negative tone about physical fitness equipment,etc.in general on this new board and for that, I apologize. A little bit. I just don't happen to buy into the hype of the latest and greatest crap pushed at gyms and on infomercials. People buy this stuff and it ends up on ebay or gathering dust somewhere. Think about it--what will be done with all the plastic exercise balls when they go out of fashion? Our poor landfills.

Don't EVEN get me started on Nutrisystem and those plastic food programs people are buying these days...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gyms are BAD! Machines and weights are BAD! Lifting soup cans and bathtub exercises will make you RIPPED and HEALTHY!

Thank you for saving us from ourselves, CP Soothsayer!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry CPS (the DVD joke was mine), it was just too good to pass up! I'll call a truce, but must say that I think the reason that the "bullying" began was because you stated from the start that we were wasting money and being laughed at all the way to the bank. Sure, lots of people buy the stuff and never use it - but I think most of us on here take it pretty seriously and didn't care to be condescended to in that way. And you must admit it probably is intimidating to those who know they need to lose the weight and have bought but not used the stuff and are coming here for some inspiration and advice to get on with the program!
    I've got some of the "junk" at home and use it (all but a stationary bike that needs the battery replaced) and I go to the gym. Yes, I can get a workout at home, but I get a much better one at the gym and don't mind paying $60/month for it!
    Let's try to keep the negativity off these posts and on the Playgrounds!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was no bullying and bl4 is not the only one who found her rants ridiculous. She acted like a know it all and that's why people made fun of her. The bathtub exercises were beyond stupid. Because you did gymnastics in high school does not make you an expert, Soothsayer.

9. Yeah and I know who you are, too.

You don't like my posts and what I have to say, it's simple..don't read them or comment on them. And take a chill pill while you're at it. You need one.

You have no idea what my educational background is besides what I've shared on this board in a very limited way. And as far as being a gymnast, sure my career started in high school, but it extended to university and beyond. I taught/coached and judged the sport as well. I worked with one of the country's foremost experts in sports medicine and am very sensitive to special populations of people.

I know what I know, but I'm the first to admit I don't know it all. I'm open to learning and yes, discussing/arguing/challenging anything and everything especially as it relates to fitness and nutrition...and any other topic that interests me.

FWIW, bathtub exercises are considered low impact, aquatic therapy. Sure nontraditional and adaptive, and usually done in a pool, spa or open water but nearly everyone's got one, so convenient as well.

And as odd as those bathtub exercises sounded to you, they really do work. The buoyancy provided by the water assists by supporting the weight of the person. This decreases the amount of weight bearing which reduces the force of stress placed on the joints--no gravity issues in play. The resistance provided by the water assists in muscle strengthening without the use of weights. So they are very beneficial in many ways to someone who is experiencing joint pain..especially knee pain.

So rub-a-dub-dub...:cool:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feel the burn in the bathtub, LOL! So Stupid!
    Besides, gymnasts are all a bunch of midgets who starve themselves so who the hell would take advice from one of them?

Grab some soup cans and lift! lift! lift! for toning and jump in that tub to get buns of steel, LOL!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you that Exercise is better, but you are absolutely wrong when it comes to targeting fat in the thighs and middle. Do some crunches and exercises for your core, and running and strength training for your legs. Each of the exercises will burn fat and build muscle in the target areas, which will burn more fat.

It is just like if you have saggy arms. Do some tricep workouts, and you can get rid of that floppiness.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jesus f-ing Christ where do you people get these ideas? Anyone who is a fitness professional or even a person with a high-school level education in biology will tell you that YOU CANNOT SPOT REDUCE. Jesus!

13. lillywilliam

lillywilliam Guest

I dont hate to do exercises i love them i do to regularly 2 hours,,,,,,,,

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you sound like a pain in the ass Lillywilliam and judging from your signature, you're on something to give you all that energy.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exercise is important, or you will have to eat less and less food to just maintain your weigt and even less to loose weight over time as you loose muscle mass. Or you will get fatter and fatter, and sicker and sicker. Thats the hard truth.
    Start walking! Really. Even if you just go to a mall or a hardware store or some big box type of place and do laps you will get results.
    If you do this with a reasonable diet program you will loss weight and keep it off.

16. Haroldus

Haroldus Guest

I know that doing physical exercises is not always easy and a fun thing to do but if you get into it, it can indeed make lots of fun. At the beginning I also did not like to go to the gym but after some weeks I got the feeling that I am losing weight and this feeling kept me motivated to keep on and now I am having fun doing my exercises.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been working out my whole life. There were periods where I was training for intense things like triathlons, 10Ks etc. Once you get into great shape...when you start slipping your body knocks to you and says I don't feel good to remind you to take care of yourself. It is reminding you it wants to feel good again so you treat your body well and do it even though you want to lay around or eat that extra candy. Your reward is Energy Energy Energy. Have fun and it is worth it. When you look in the mirror you will smile and your body will smile back!

18. santerra

santerra Guest

Otherwise you could switch up exercises like walking one day and doing something else on the opposite day. Or I always find going to a fitness club helped me continue to workout because other people were there and you don't want to look lazy in front of them.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol that's funny! At least you know what motivates you!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to ag