I&I is Celgene's "healthcare.gov"

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A very reasonable and intelligent point. My issue is more the pervasive condescension that litters this site. The language isn't productive, rather childish. I am looking forward to contributing to growing Celgene's bottom line and subsequently watching the stock price grow. That is why I am here. I also know my two former colleagues over on the Oncology side are there for the same reasons.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bizarre interviewing experiment will be the undoing of Celgene. I understand the theory, but in practice it just does not work most of the time. A top notch candidate will be ready to present his achievements and tell you why he was successful and how he can recreate that success for you. Said candidate, 9 times out of 10, will be so thrown by questions about favorite colors and what they were like in high school, that they will either be lulled into a false sense of security or into a stupor wondering if this manager is pulling his leg. Not only that, but the top notch rep is waiting for the real questions to start, so he really is not that concerned about making his time on the intramural frisbee golf team sound impressive.

On the other hand, the same questions can be a gold mine for a mediocre rep. He doesn't really have anything impressive to talk about, and is probably not that far removed from college, so he is used to making his time at Tappa Keg sound like a life broadening experience that taught him how to be competitive and persevere.

The interview process is the in person version of "fluffing your resume." The reps who had to make participation in intramural sports sound impressive to pad their resume are at an unfair advantage against those who have actually seen real success and don't need to inflate their accomplishments in order to get the interview. Frankly I'm scratching my head at why a DM would not recognize that this process is a talent killer.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL damn this is good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guess what? Otezla is a blockbuster, bud.