I live in my storage unit

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i have been living in my storage unit for 6 months to save money on rent. Its worked teally well. Anyone else doing crazy stuff on Pfizers dollar to save $$$.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this guy gets it

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess you get laid a lot. I don't know where you live, but on a pharma salary you should be able to afford at least a studio apartment. How about sharing a place with a roomate/s or move back home. Where do you shower/ shave?? I don't care how bad you want to save money.....living in your storage unit is rediculous. Stop being so f**kn cheap.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you remind me of one of my college roomate types. Ramen Noodles every other day to save money. Time to grow up dude, you have a Big Boy job now.

Stop being a dirt bag.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what kind of shitty storage unit company hasn't caught you yet and thrown you out is my question

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here - yeah i should grow up but i just love saving money. I dont have any debt and i want to save that extra 15k a year from paying rent. I pay the guy who lives here at the storage facility 100$ bucks a month to look the other way. Plus we went to high school together. I spend $ on 2 good suits a year and because i have an electric plug in my unit (again, thanks to my friend) i have a lot of creature comforts. You can live to get laid and i can live to retire in 15 years when im 45. Im almost there saving enough mobey to buy a 250k house cash. So keep banging chicks and being poor and complaining on cafepharma why you are worried about getting let go from pharma when you turn 50.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In PGH years ago there was a Rep that literally had a lazy boy and dart board in his unit. I had a unit at the same climate controlled location and EVERY TIME I went there to reload my car w/ sample/literature he was always there! Didn't matter what time of the day it was there he was hanging out in his unit.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I tried my wife is not down

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you retire are you going to find a nice comfy storage unit in Florida to live? Saving 15K a year for a 250K house. Here's an idea....buy the house now and get a mortgage-it's tax deductible. Or better yet get a two family and rent the other apartment to pay the mortgage. Stop telling yourself living in a storage unit is normal-IT'S NOT!!! BTW-plenty of people lead normal lives, bang chicks, eventually get married, have kids and save plenty of money. It's not one way or the other (storage unit vs. being poor).

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP here - i know its not normal to live here. I just dont want to work much longer so i have to save money. Who cares about the tax desuctions. Debt is debt. You cant retire early and have a family if you owe anyone money. Geez for a message board full of people who hate the big P you all sure seem to want to never leave your jobs.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did I miss something?? Are pharma jobs the only jobs left on earth? And besides- there are plenty of people who go to work in pharma everyday and don't complain. You keep telling yourself you're the smart one here if that helps you sleep at night. One question- do you use boxes for a mattress and pillows to save money? You should- with the money you save not buying them you may be able to retire a day or two earlier than your goal. Need clothes?? Why buy when you can raid those clothes donation bins and find some stuff in your size. Hungry??? Stop by a soup kitchen for a free meal. Why should the homeless be the only one to enjoy that perk. I think I just got you two months closer to retirement. You're so consumed on early retirement you're missing out on enjoying your life now ( and when you eventually retire). Your life sucks now and you know it. I think it's time for a new plan.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only a fool would reply to this bogus thread started by a moron.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just did.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I never lived in my storage unit but during my time at Pfizer I did everything possible to get out of pharma. For 9 years I worked the pharma job from 9-1pm. Only time after 1pm was with a manager. I brought old clothes with me and I was fixing rental properties from 1:30-7pm. Used Pfizer time to accumulate over 35 properties. Retired early 40's. I gave up the majority of my 30's when most people start families, buy big houses and vacation at nice places. But to retire in early 40's with a passive income which doubles my Pfiizer compensation makes it worth it. Although I doubt I would live in a storage unit I understand this guys objective.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most people work too hard for a salary to make any real money. Kudos to you for having the brains and the balls to make a life for yourself, despite Pfizer. Most good things come with sacrifice. Pfizer will pump you dry, and dump you in the gutter if you let them.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

stop feeding the troll. Let this post die

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds to me you're a hard working guy. Good for you. You probably could have married and had a family and continued to work hard if you found the right person. The other side of that coin is kids cost money so there is a trade off. But-either way you did well for yourself. Congrats.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AMEN

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But I just heard he's moving from the storage unit to a big cardboard refrigerator box to save even more money!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The guy who lives in his storage unit is real. He's in my territory. I know him. Its real. Hey man. See you Tuesday for "work lunch"