I LOVE CONVATEC!!!!

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ConvaTec Elephant in the room

ORION is the 1,000,000 pound, sparkly, rainbow striped Elephant on the ConvaTec ship.
    This is the sales forecasting tool that upper management uses to project sales and report back to the investors. It is highly inaccurate because RSMs and AVPs are forcing data to be placed in there that is inaccurate. Sales reps are forced to enter a certain number of commitments they really are not sure happened until they get their COGNOS sales report two months later. Everyone is guessing on the dollar values of what that commitment is worth. Dollar values are all over the board. All that Ken Berger and his very smart CFO needs to do, is take all of 2010 and all of 2011s commitments entered into ORION. Match each commitment up to COGNOS and see of that commitment really happened and see if the dollar value of what that TM said it was worth adds up. Believe me it will not add up to anything but a lot of smoke and mirrors. By carefully comparing the 2010 and 2011 commitment data in ORION verses real sales in COGNOS they will see the real picture. I recently shared this information with another Venture Capitalist and they were appalled that such a tool would be used and that ConvaTec Management would play games like that with other peoples money. Trust me tongues are now wagging in the quiet, private, financial district about the 1,000,000 pound, sparkly, rainbow striped Elephant named ORION. The Venture Capitalist I spoke to told me no projections should ever be made until proof is recorded. Projections should only be made on real time true documentation.

There also needs to be an evaluation of real time travel that the AVPS and RSMs were really out traveling in the market place. Look at their travel for 2010 and 2011. When this is done it will be revealed most of them spent their time shuffling and creating fraudulent emails making it LOOK like they were out there. They are really good at crafting emails making it look like they were at meetings they were not at. And crafting documents making it look like phone conversations were had that were not had. It is Fraud. They have had zero accountability. The only thing they do do is recycle to TMs to cover up what they have not been doing.

This past year an AVP passed away during the work week while he was at home working. He had bought a new boat the day before during work hours. The day he passed, which was around 2pm he was at home working. His wife said he had been outside cleaning his boat and had gotten into the shower when he had a heart attack.
    I’m still scratching my head that if he was working, why was he cleaning his boat and taking a shower? My RSM has spent many days at home babysitting and pretending to be working over the years. Babysitting is really their full time job. Another RSM ran one of his sales people off when the rep. found out he goes to the GYM every day at 3pm. I am certain there will be lots of smoke screens put up to save these magicians to keep the integrity of the ConvaTec Magic secret.

The TMs should pay a closer look at their real documented sales in COGNOS. They are notorious for taking accounts out of COGNOS and placing them in the house accounts when you are not watching. I speculate this is how they control the rankings and how much money people make. And the distribution is all messed up. Some distributors don’t report at all. Or is this distribution problem really a problem or just another way to control the rankings and money being made?

This ship is certainly coming very close to hitting an Iceberg. I truly hope Ken Berger and his CFO can turn it around for the sake of the Venture Capitalist and the company. There are lots of management magicians in this company. The Supreme Court will be ruling on OBAMA Care this month. The elections in Greece this weekend have the whole financial district quietly watching and scared. If the ConvaTec ship does hit an iceberg. I wonder who will save the 1,000,000 pound, sparkly, rainbow striped elephant named ORION?
    Will there be a life preserver big enough for an elephant that big?

Signed,
    One of 1,000,000 pound, Sparkly, Rainbow Striped Elephants Keepers

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be easy to speculate that the reason why all the quotas were so highly inflated this year is partly because of the false committments and false committment dollar projections that BB, the AVPs and RSMs were forcing into ORION over the past year. It finally caught up to them. The EC team and BB are all now into CYA mode. The TMs are and have been paying the price for their poor leadership.How many people are actually making budget?
    Hmmmmmmmm! Fortunately Foam is a real Home Run for the Venture Capitalists. Ostomy has great products too. AB Visor....hmmmmmmmmm lets wait and see.

No projections or quotas should ever be set off fumbled forced guess forcasting in ORION. Any one with any smart business acumen would use real time data.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, quite tragically, anyone with any smart business acumen has and continues to leave Convatec for other sales and management opportunities. Convatec's fate since 8/1/2008 has been tragic--and it keeps getting worse. I loved this company when I worked here and it saddens me greatly when I look at Convatec now. I hope many of you who I worked with can survive these dark times and maybe greatness will again return once Nordic sells you to a company who respects what you do. STAY healthy as some of you have died or gone ill on the job and be careful--think of the sudden departure of the LA CCC Rep and others routinely and hastily removed

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: The ConvaTec Elephant in the room

Do the two RSMs meaning the one who cuts out early and goes to gym and the one who watches their kids instead of working. Do they both have the same first name starting with the letter M? Do they both report to female AVP?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! GO FIGURE OUT HOW YOU ARE GOING TO INCREASE SALES NEXT MONTH YOU MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like one of the "M"s has spoken. Have fun next week doing personal activities during corporate business working hours.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I use to think management was the way to go but instead I got a real cap sales gig making 225k. Management is for hobnobbers and morons.

Suck a dick asshole.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds fishy...you are probably making $225 a week at Target. such vile language from a recently fired TM....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're an RSM very sooooooooooooon you too will be working at Target!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not fishy at all.
    I'm the real deal.
    In cap sales you get judged by quota but not paid by it. OR sales is the way to go!

Not this bullshit!

Better than that, don't have to sell my soul to the devil like you do in management.

Bottom line- clear conscious and more cash than some crap mid level management gig!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Our RSM's are paper pushing baby sitters who could not, or do not want to put the efforts in to pursue a challenging position. Their job at Convatec is much too easy and mindless to feel the need to move out and on. A good manager candidate should not be considered because they made their numbers as a sales representative, but because they actually have THE SKILL SET and advanced education to challenge status quo and bring some innovation to the role.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i love convatec too

13. Schroeder

Schroeder new user

Oh brother. B