I make almost 400k per year

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Oct 30, 2018 at 2:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. I did it successfully with two companies for two years. I made the gigantic error of mentioning it to someone I thought was a friend and got caught. It’s a huge income boost while it lasts, but really sucks when both come crashing down. Just don’t be stupid and it can be done easily!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been doing it for 3 years. I work at AZ but all benefits are under it. I also work for another large pharma company but it’s a different therapeutic area so don’t see the same doctors. I work the AZ job 2 days tops! The other gig is specialty so I work it 2 full days. I never ever work a full day with AZ. Friday’s I’m off and fake all my calls.

What is funny is these DUMB trainers and DSMs who make this job more than it is. A PT gig at best. What we do makes no impact and access is almost nil yet at meetings they want us to role play ad nauseum like it’s really going to make a difference. Ha!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love that all DSM hold the Friday as “office” day — never see or hear from mine. And field “day” at best is a meal (always), let’s discuss how you are doing, quick glance at numbers and off to a conference call or something the CBD wants done so they gotta go!! Funny though when the CBD comes she wants us to make it a full day with as much car time driving as “filler”!! Again never on fridays...so who actually works fridays?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not illegal from an IRS perspective to have more than one job, however, IF the employers are both notified of the other job due to the over payment of SS tax they would both have grounds for a civil lawsuit to reclaim funds fraudulently paid to an employee who is proven to not be working full time. This would be assuming that both jobs are full time with the same expected hours. If the recoverable amount is high enough (300K a year for years would likely be high enough) this is a possibility.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't say it was illegal to have two jobs. What I said was that AZ would recognize that the OP was working two jobs via Government reports and he would be promptly fired for violating company policy. There is no way he could have gotten away with this for 4 years as he claimed.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fired is is best outcome if caught. If he has been defrauding the company as he claims for over 4 years they would have a nice civil lawsuit on their hands and could sue to recoup the fraudulent funds and damages. If I was the OP, I would be very careful about bragging about this.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All it is is bragging about a made up story. This never happened. Have there been cases where people worked two jobs? Yes but mostly running their own independent business not drawing a paycheck as the OP suggests.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

where they both w2 or was one w2 and the other 1099?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both were w2

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then you are a liar because AZ would have known about your other job and you would have been fired immediately, like within 24 hours. You never worked a full year for another pharmaceutical company or any other company. Didn't happen. End of story.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and what is your logic with that exactly? I did it for exactly two years. Maybe that’s how I finally got caught but who is to be sure

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now the truth comes out, you got caught. If this happened at all, I doubt that you got away with it for two years. At least not two full years of drawing two paychecks reported on your W2. Anyone who tries what you claim will be terminated instantly by AZ. I do not doubt that there are plenty of DMs incompetent enough or just who don't give a shit, that someone could get away with this at the District level. But there is no way you could make it past our internal scrutiny process.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how do you figure? What’s so hard to figure out? I started both jobs at the same time. There was nothing left for them to check. I did it for two years and eventually yes I was caught.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a liar. By the time the company created the figures for your first W2 they would have found out about your additional income and inquired about it. How do you think they do background checks on people. There is zero chance that your story is true.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah right! This is BS, for all the reasons listed previoudly plus diagnostics jobs don’t give company cars, they give car allowance/pay per mile. Some smaller pharma companies also do the allowance over the company car. Even CSOs do car allowance.

So this is very deceitful. What is the purpose of this post? Whatever it is, it has bad intentions written all over it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is what liars do. They make up stories to make themselves look smarter or more talented that everyone else. This company has built a leadership culture that rewards people who lie and back stab their peers in order to steal credit for their ideas or accomplishments. Step one, marginalize the person who originated the idea or plan and Step two, market yourself to senior leadership as the legitimate person who deserves credit. That is how AZ rolls.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, it all starts this way. Hiding things, a little extra job on the side, masking yourself. Two jobs? Maybe eventually you'll have two wives, two families, lying and cheating your way throughout life. So much $$, blah blah. What you do for eternity is the only thing that matters buddy.

18. CALSRX

CALSRX new user

WHAT ABOUT THE CRM's both using salesforce? Wouldn't salesforce notify each company?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is TRUE...which I doubt...then I hope you go to jail. You are the worse of society...I worked for AZ and loved it. You can rot in _______, you know where!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ is a corrupt company in a corrupt industry. Why would you expect to see anything better from the people who work here? We all have 6 figure jobs, and as far as I can tell we don’t really do anything. My boss is a joke, and her boss is one of the dumbest people I know. We stand around in hallways and sample closets waiting for someone to sign for samples, and we spend ridiculous money to feed people so they’ll allow us the privilege to stand around waiting for their signature. It’s all just part of the same scam.