I really hope this place gets better

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work at Quest Diagnostics and when I first started, it was a nice place to work. Now all of a sudden, management is getting weird. They are miserable and they act like your enemy. I really hope they realize the way they are acting and turn our work environment into a nice environment again.

I used to enjoy going to work here, but now I loathe coming here.

Please change the culture of this place.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will never again be what it once was. I agree that Quest used to be a good place to work but these days it just plain sucks!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quest is way past the point of turning it around. They are in a downward spiral because the time for the big money-grab has begun. The little people on the front lines are of no consequence. It's come down to how long can we pump this thing up and then leave with a boatload of cash. The rest of us....well....we're sure you'll find some meaningless job somewhere. After all, it's always been about the upper management. JN came in, got his money and left. Probably an underachiever as corporate suits go. Didn't stay long enough to make his parachute more golden. Clearly an arrogant POS. Of course, there's not enough bandwidth here to even begin to describe SM. He will leave soon with a pile of money and could care less about any one of us.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is funny reading this stuff. You want the place to change. You want it to get back to the good old days. Really. Look at all these negative posts - they go back to 2007 and they are all the same. Management sucks, Compensation sucks, leadership sucks, the company sucks, direction sucks. When exactly were the good old days because it has been the same complaints for 4 years +. You hate current management no matter who it is. There have been complaints about every RVP, every VP of Marketing, every VP of sales, Health Plans, every SD. You hate the way it is and You hate the changes when people try to make them. You hate the "new" person - whoever they are. The new VP of Sales and Marketing came in a couple of months ago- TG - and on day one there were complaints about him. The guy hasn't done one thing since he has been here and already we have negative posts. If mgmt stays and makes money - you complain about them if mgmt leaves you complain about them. Bottom line is you will never be happy You write anonymously behind a computer talking crap about the company and the people yet we don't know who you are, what your personal agenda is, what your level of succes is etc. If you hate it all so much why haven't you left?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You act like the above poster is the only one who feels this way. WRONG, many of us feel the same way and BTW, your Username is Anonymous. Funny how that works and you need to think about it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How I miss the good ole days

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It keeps getting better. Keep on keep'n on.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

continued improvements

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s talk about age discrimination at Quest. I have applied for around 10 jobs, all of which I am well qualified for, and have been screened out for all but one for age. The one interview I got, the imbecile recruiter only asked questions about what I did prior to 89. She has since openly acknowledged there is institutional discrimination. What’s it like on the inside if you’re over 50?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New hires should be older than 26 and younger than 35. If you’re female you better be attractive and willing to push the envelope when flirting is required. And it will be. Men better be able to work balls to the wall and constantly produce new business, leveraging other “off the books” methods. The 50+ crowd has been here the longest and are backbone of the organization for obvious reasons. But we rarely hire someone from the outside in that bracket, unless they can demonstrate an extraordinary amount of knowledge and experience in the Clinical Laboratory Industry.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The male VP of Health Plans was hired at 60 years old with no lab experience.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must have had some Epstein level dirt on someone.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is how you feel about coming to work, then management is doing a great job. They should be commended.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A Quest corporate recruiter told a candidate that they practice age discrimination? I don't think so.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As stated, she is an imbecile.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Someone in an HR dept? Nah. Didn't happen. I think the poster embellished or outright fibbed.