I was asked...

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...”What happened to the “Great Celgene?” “What happened to the darling of the biotech industry?” “How did the great company end up needing a “white knight” to save it from mediocrity?” I replied, “One missed earnings, one failed phase 3, and one messed up filing.” Leadership over promised and under delivered. It’s hard to get up after falling so hard. I do miss the days of glory, but am grateful for BMS coming to the rescue. I have exercised and cashed all my equity and am now moving on from this once great company. I wish you all well.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The failed drug was true. It happens.
    The failed filing was true. Should have Never happened and bordering on criminal.

The missed earnings was a mirage. It never happened. Management panicked because it didn't understand the market dynamics. TRX never slowed down. Net Sales were affected in one quarter, which could have easily been understood and explained but they panicked.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Influx of employees and hiring managers who came to work for Celgene due to greed, not dedication. Too many resources used for management positions instead of worker bee positions, employees rewarded with promotions to manager positions for working on special projects that went nowhere (VELOCITY?) , and increased time and focus on annual performance activities (which is all predetermined and retrofitted long before you prepare your self assessment). No input= no output. Doing well by doing good.......remember the Old Celgene mission?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true! The buying out of other companies with their problems greatly contributed as well to the fall. Poor leadership was a major cause too. Joined in the good old days when the company prided itself on running lean. People were bright, sharp on their feet. Still can’t believe it’s soon going to be over but honestly can say could feel the collapse coming. It was literally creeping into everything everyday!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I legitimately have seen this in my 5 years with celgene. People are now complacent because they've become accustom to the compensation packages and can't remember what it's like outside of Celgene.

There's been a point where we've had more than a few people milking FMLA for bullshit health claims and our first shift crew would do the bare minimum and leave the rest for off shifts.

Pretty disheartening. But I'm glad Bristol is coming in. Hopefully they use this opportunity to get rid of the dead weight.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha- if you think things will be better at BMS then you will be very disappointed.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see it in my own little universe called the district. Best gig I've ever had yet we have district mates who still don't enter calls, can't do their training on time, can't remember to do their inventories without a reminder, can't submit expense reports on time, complain about the 2 day NSM (always want a flight out early), cry they deserve a van, and are always getting the rest of us in trouble because they simply are to lazy to enter their calls. If I was the manger, I would weed them out. We had the best gig ever and they continue to screw it up.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've crushed my dreams lol. So happy to see the status quo will be enforced.

Pretty sick of seeing people fake disability and then go hiking while they are supposed to have a physical impairment.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So True. The rot started about 4 years ago. Buoyed by high stock prices , senior management thought they were Gods. Brought in external people whose motivation was big stock. Ignore the very people that had made Celgene so good. Bob f*****d off to being g a quasi politician put Bruce Willis in charge who had watched one to many Die hard movies and took the company down the tube.
    Remembef HR saying at the time of recruiting for the I&I expansion phase that they had queues of people wanting to join Celgene. Fast forward to 2018 and they were queues of people wanting to leave Celgene.
    Master class of senior management arrogance and stupidity.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can’t weed them out. In order to clean out there district and show that they are great leaders who promote, these fools are “weeded up” by managers. These annoying reps then become managers at Celgene or other little start ups. It’s the Peter Principle...which Pharma has embraced.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t take word for it...I just used there instead of their. Gosh, I could be president. MAGA.