IC Plan...can someone say WTF?

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've been handed Silverscript on a platter. If you can't convert that business and hit your goal, you don't belong to stay. I'm sure that time you were at 120%, you weren't complaining that goals were too easy. Suck it up, buttercup.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your right, every territory is exactly the same.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above post nailed it!

Notice too that none of these four "managing out techniques" require Novo to pay severance to employees.

Point #3 could possibly generate a severance payout, but the employer can claim the employee was fired for cause (poor performance) in which case severance pay can be denied the employee.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now if we could just put the ET on the plan they would be gone around the same time.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THEN WHY STAY ??? GROW A SET and GET OUTTT

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Attn Big Wigs:
    Morale is at an all-time low. Please stop the penny pinching games and be straight with us. If times are tough, tell us. Don’t give us a crazy ic plan that is designed to pay small bonuses to pad NNI for the year. Why can’t you get it? Treat employees well and they will move mountains for you. Treat employees like crap and you will get that for results. Stop the managing by fear and intimidation. 16 years here as a consistent producer, not a millennial snowflake. Let’s get it together. Doubtful that Copenhagen would be ok with the US morale and dark hole you are digging.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or... my numbers are actually fine. Doing quite well in that category. Not looking for anything handed to me, I’m looking for a company that isn’t changing directions every quarter and not knowing what the hell is going on. This company has no vision and no direction. But yeah just pull the “typical millennial” card

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree about these goals as well....even given Silverscript...national goals are approx 35% growth, right? Mine around 45%, another pod near me given over 65%!!! To me this assumes a MICH higher AgRx conversion rate than is possible. I actually don’t mind the 30% TEAM component, it’s Novo encouraging you to play unselfishly in the sand box, so sure, I’ll Get in a Victoza message in an office that may already be a huge insulin supporter for the benefit of the team... I would have anyway but I think it encourages unity. I’m sure people disagree! And I agree with the poster who said in general you’re going to make similar to everyone else if you average out payouts for territories over multiple years...

My biggest issue is that if the company misses it’s targets Novo does nothing to fix the situation. Companies budget for IC payouts and it looks a lot like a bell curve..used to work for a company who, if their forecasts were incorrect they would shift the curve so that everyone got paid out on the same curve meaning there are always people who got paid out of the top the bottom, and the majority in the middle... which is how incentive payouts were supposed to work. Unfortunately what happened a few years ago when the nation’s payout amounts were somewhere in the 80%s Novo did nothing about it to bring it up even though it all sat on the shoulders of poorly forecast goals...but you know the company line was that this was a ‘perfect storm’ and ‘unforeseen headwinds’ and all that other BS...now it’s ‘be bold’ (let’s have a “BOLDNESS IC Kicker” lol), and ‘must win battles.’

Last thought: Novo, ever think that for all the ‘employees are one of our greatest resources’ rhetoric that one of your Must Win Battles is an INTERNAL BATTLE with employee morale!!??? Good reps have/are leaving, the kind you want to keep around to help get the company chugging along again!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Executive Team (Minions) don’t care. Come on! Some of us might even be lucky enough to have Dave Moore ride with us! That was the most arrogant and repulsive thing said during the launch. Lucky enough? Dude, you are a joke! Doug needs to require you to have a handler at all times.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The amount of money these ET morons save on bonuses by giving us this ridiculous IC plan is minuscule compared to the P and L statement for the company; however a demotivated sales force and high turnover can kill the p and L statement. Wake up Novo!! I am on the obesity side and have 25% of the territories in my district vacant, yet I am being incentivized 50% on how the district does in a market that is VERY rep and sample dependent. The IC plan is complete HORSE MANURE!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all say WTF!!!!!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What? Horse manure? That’s not what Lynn and our RBD and ODBM said! Do you mean they lied to us? No way! They would never do such a thing!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are these people who bash on those expressing grievances? HR? DBMs? RBDs? Please acknowledge that
    This restructure is bull shit! I have 20 years of building relationships and earning respect from customers but come January was placed in an entirirely new territory and have to start from scratch while launching a new product. In the mean time my previous customers are being called on by people they’ve never seen before and have no trust in. It’s a loose loose proposition. Why the hell would you launch a drug while building relationships in a new territory when you have seasoned reps with relationships already established? Doug is crazy if he thinks he’s righting the ship. He stuck a huge hole in the hull, and a great company with a great pipeline is going to sink faster than the titanic. I loved working here till November ‘17. Now I’m looking forward to finding a new home and love it that so many others are doing the same.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I really like your enthusiasm and I was with you up until the "loose loose proposition".

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You've been in the same territory for 20 years!!?? How did you pull that off?

It seems like if you'd really been around that long, this is about the 18th time you've been through this same process. Surely, you have developed the ability to adapt. I'd hate for you to "loose" all those great relationships you have....

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, if they put you in a NEW territory where 20 years of experience is wasted that means they want u to leave.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but true.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one has 20 years in the same territory because a territory changes more often than that. Maybe they want him to leave because he still thinks it's 1988.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20 years sounds somewhat extreme but I had roughly the same territory for 10+ years until this realignment, plus or minus a few zips.

The ET member that approved a district roll up of vacant territories needs firing. We have multiple people out too and not only can I not impact that number, NO ONE can. If they’re going to roll up the number, they should take the IC not paid in the vacant territory and split it among those who remain.

I’ve been in the industry a long time with many companies and this is BY FAR the worst IC plan I’ve ever seen...and then they put out an obesity IC tracker and withdraw it because there was one district in the whole country over 100%. Look forward to them fudging it to make it “look” better.

Extremely demotivated.