ID Regional Managers

Discussion in 'Sybron/Implant Direct' started by TheDentalGuy, Apr 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

like i said, i believe the compensation and benefits are pretty good....yes...they could be better. But with base, company car, health insurance, and 401k match, commission....to making $100k to drive around and sell screws...it's not so bad. I do it on ONE income household....it can be done.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You make what you're worth. The people worth more leave. The fact that other people value their worth more doesn't necessarily mean you are worth less...unless of course you are worthless.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

again....still have not answered my question. Should you get paid more than $100k to sell surgical screws? Who is paying more than that? I'd really like to know.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently management (an possibly some reps) don't think that we deserve to make over 100K for busting our asses and bleeding orange. What is the value of sticking around to grow a territory to $1.5-2M dollars if we will never see a paycheck that is performance based which rewards us for our efforts? If we are supposed to be industry leaders, then why do you want to compare our poor comp plan to other sub-par comp plans in the industry?

By the way, only the absolute stand-out reps with I.D. have a chance of breaking 100K (and I haven't seen it). Most Reps are making 65K-70K with another 15 or 20 in commission in a 1M dollar territory. So to answer your question; Yes, I do think we should be paid more than $100K for peddling "surgical screws". Until just now I thought that I sold high quality, compatible dental implants packaged all in one for a market sensible price. You know, VALUE. Kind of like the value I hold in myself and the belief that I should be rewarded for exceeding company expectations in my territory year after year.

So I'll throw a question right back at you. Do you think we should make 100K+ per year as an employee? Obviously not. So you are either a rep with no gonads who is comfortable at status-quo with no ambition, or you are a manager who doesn't think your employees are worth it. Either way I have a problem with your mentality because your attitude will not foster change for the better for anyone who works for Implant Direct, including yourself.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to whoever wrote that last post. Lets also be real...no current rep would defend this companys pay structure. Not one of us.. ANY pro-ID argument on Cafe Pharma is spun by management pretending to be a rep.

Let me also tell you that that entire sales force reads these posts (99% don't write anything) and we love it when someone sticks it to a manager with some facts. Dust off those resumes..2016 NSM is going to be the worst yet..

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

listen...i get it. I"m a rep, not a mgr. I too would like to make more money, and I think the comp plan NEEDS to be changed. But making 90k++ for driving around and doing some lunch and learns, is not bad. I've been in dental for 7 years and getting a company car is almost unheard of. Look at the positives. I agree there are negatives, but there are with any company. Let's hope it gets better.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen, it's alright..you just happen to be the rep that just feels lucky to have ANY job at all. I personally am looking for work. That's why I'm on the internet right now. Encase the house of cards does completely fall..

So let me get this straight..you just happen to be on cafe pharma defending ID mid-day because you're loving your life at ID so much? Hahah rite. Thanks manager. You really make a compelling argument.

No company is perfect. But this company is a comedy of errors. Your fellow managers agree! Comp and moral is half the battle. Help be a part of the solution.. not the problem. We've soldiered on for years...NOW is the time to effect some change. I'm out homie..

(dropping the mic)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Tom-Bot hope is a terrible career strategy.

With falling sales where is the increased comp coming from? My guess is we will get the razzle-dazzle of HR pushing their "at plan" comp of $150K. My manager will sell me my attainable number of 1 BILLION dollars saying things like: "If I were still in the field and this is all I needed to write I would kill it." F U

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've had other dental jobs....and they were no better. One was MUCH worse. And there are other ways to market, besides going door to door mid day btw.

And I agree with you...there needs to be some change. I'm hoping, just like you, that mgmt pushes for it. and don't drop the mic...that is annoying and something a teenager would say.

Go over to BioH and see what they pay....or MegaGen...or even Zimmer. You too should be lucky to have a job.....but if you are a superstar....feel free to make the leap.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look just because you worked at some no name dental lab doing a little bit of sales and didn't have a company car, don't think so little of yourself that you think you have hit the big time making $65,000 and driving a company car. Reps used to get paid much more. Salaries are decreasing, not increasing. Cost of everything goes up while your pay goes down. So if you are hitting quota right now and think your poo doesn't stink, and the company just loves you, I will be checking in on you next year after you get your new quota and realize you are on the downward pay progression.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've never worked at a dental lab, so I'm not sure who you think this is?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have tried to network with the reps and managers who left. The longer I stay here the more radioactive I get. Although I can stay; what happens to me in the long run? BTW my manager/director is a bozo who I know, for certain, is looking for another job.
    (My college roommate and recruiter told me so)

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hmmm....well there are only a few directors/managers....i wonder which one it is? Look, I've spoken to a few of the reps that have left....and all for different reasons. Some have been fired, some have quit. I can count on one hand the reps that have left recently in the past year. Some have gone to other dental companies, other implant companies (swede and martina...talk about leaving the pan into the fire) and some have left to medical positions with better territories and better pay. The truth is, the grass is not greener on the other side. We have reps from Zimmer, Dentsply, Henry Schein, Hiossen, Nobel, and many more. They left those companies for a reason. Every company has problems, and you don't just walk in making $100k without hard work. Implant Direct has it's issues for sure, but so does every company. Let's see what 2016 has in store with the changes that are coming. Be happy you have a job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you give me a hint as to who it is? I'm hoping it's my ID Sales manager.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's your hint his email address is @implantdirect. I know I know every one here has that handle...what does that tell you.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

-Better check your recruiters ethics. If he/she is telling you about someone else your in the same boat.
    -Why so coy? Just give up the name. Was it an RM or Regional Director looking?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

all the managers are men...so that doesn't help.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting use of the hyphen lead to your statement/questions. I have seen that hyphen in company emails to more than just me. TS

Expect a phone conversation tomorrow.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First, I don't think i have the market on use of a hyphen. That being said, who/what is TS? and who is expecting a conversation tomorrow?