IDEXX HATES ITS EMPLOYEES

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by Anonymous, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be aware, this is all an act!!! They only let you speak to the few people that are willing to put on the show!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your comment matches my thoughts too! Like you, I was a courier for idexx also. Although I was originally hired by CVD, Idexx purchased the smaller California lab in the 1990's, and things changed from there. The transportation supervisor position was even offered to be, but I declined and soon left. I left my job on good terms with all those with whom I worked with, and even considered going back.

So here I am years later googling "Idexx" then finding this forum and now feeling very thankful that I am no longer there. Idexx has moved to another location since then, and I don't even recognize anyone from when I formerly worked there. So sad, as there were some good people working in the lab and on the frontlines as couriers as well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Support is awesome, been here less than two years, promoted already. Maybe a lot of things have changed, but it's just as likely a lot of you were terrible employees.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't you presumptuous? Seems most all of us are anonymous here, so you can presume all you want, but I was far from being a "terrible" employee. You've been there less than two years, which is barely half of the four years I worked there. I left on good terms.

So let me ask you something ... "support is awesome" for whom? Customer service? The lab? Or perhaps the Sales Department? Are the clients happy? In my opinion, "support is awesome" when the customers are saying so. If the customers are not satisfied, then they will be looking for other places to take their business.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am currently interviewing for a sales position. I feel like a know a lot of companies that can say they've gone through growth spurts and have had a few bad years...of late. Some of these posts go back to 2009. May I get a current update on moral and satisfaction working for this company - specifically in SALES and CUSTOMER SERVICE? Because if clients are unhappy, then sales folks will be unhappy and that does not bode well for a company's future. Has Idexx gotten its act together in the last year or so? Future predictions? Is the "new model" working? Are a lot of people still leaving? I would appreciate your insights.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently in 2014 - a new year - is ANYTHING better at Idexx right now? Are sales people surviving?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No nothing has changed. In fact, Everyone in sales is leaving Idexx and going to work for a big ultrasound company that has taken off really fast because all sales personnel are all former iddxx employees. Ive learned Idexx has way to many mid level management that have very little to no experience and learn as they go. The culture is bad and as a result have a high turnaround pace. The few good people that actually knew what they were doing have all left.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well they've increased base salaries, and are rolling out company cars to all the reps. It's really surprising to hear sales reps from Idexx complaining. I don't know much about the other depts, as I'm a rep. I can honestly say I love working for Idexx, and if you're coming from selling uniforms, printers, ADP etc, you will love it too. This thread pretty much makes me discredit the opinions on the website, and I just think it's a place to come bitch because you can't sell.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post George. I like working for Idexx but lets be honest-Reps salaries have NOT increased, company cars are not a benefit-it's a cost saver for the company. Oh and sales territories are NOT smaller. Stop repeating the BS it will not become true. Try telling the truth, it will be refreshing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^Why don't you tell me the three options reps have as their company car just to prove you actually work there.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

^^One more thing. The territories are smaller, except maybe in a few rare cases I'm not aware of. They had to be, we don't have equipment reps and lab reps anymore, they merged them into one rep selling both. They didn't lay any reps off, so did they discover some new land in America?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are Fords. I am trying to not participate in the first or second wave, that is at least what I told them in the survey that went out today, so I really didn't pay that much attention when they were rolled out at the summit, or bothered to look at them in the lobby or outside.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair enough, you do work for Idexx. That being said, my salary increased, my territory got smaller and I've got a nice trip coming up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Jess and Eli

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree with most of the blogs on here about Idexx. I started out there in 2006-Idexx was releasing one of their worst programs in years, they knew it was bad so they brought in classloads of techs to try to stop the rush of bad calls rushing in. Prior to the release you could actually learn something from the techs there. As soon as Idexx released their bad software they turned into a call center. They brought in managers who refused to take complaint calls, cared about nothing except the stats-which could be manipulated and purposely messed with schedules to try to get people with seniority to quit. One evaluation I had my manager said she thought I was doing a great job, six months later I had one of the worst evaluations after the company changed their process and she couldn't explain the logic behind it(other than the fact they wanted to cycle their reps through so they didn't have to pay them much). Bottom line-the managers are incompetent and know nothing about computers-all they care about are call center stats. The sales staff care only about shafting the customers to get them to upgrade to pad their sales numbers. Idexx turned into a bad place.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! Lots of angst here. I've been at IDEXX for quite some time now. Yes, there's been mounds of changes, comes with growing a business and adapting to economic need. Have a few people been negatively impacted by this? Sure. Was there potential negative impact on the customer? Absolutely! You can't please thousands of clients in one swoop. On the flip side, how many have been positively impacted? MANY. Employees, customers, the community etc...
    The person who stated that rolling out a fleet is a way for IDEXX to save money, what's your point? It saves the sales reps money too! Territories have since been shrunken down to better serve the needs of our partners as well as help maintain a healthy work/life balance in our sales force. Consultative sales is a far better model than dump and run.
    If IDEXX was that terrible with so many negative impacts on our clients, then why has our stock jumped from $60 to over $130 in the past 4 years? Please, someone explain this. Because if IDEXX was telling our investors things to please their ears each quarter, then clearly they would have followed that trend and stopped investing.
    Yes, some products are in fact rolled up much earlier than what would have been appropriate. That's taking a chance in the market. And yes, there are even individuals in director positions that some may feel should not be there due to their lack of knowledge/experience. Guess what? That's why people network. That's how relationships become beneficial.
    Those who complain so much about a company that they either work for, or previously had worked for, are those who felt as though they should have been dealt a better hand. Someone looking for handouts. Not willing to really out their nose to the grind stone and make a difference without coddling and hugs. Get over yourselves...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mark Baldwin is the biggest snake you will encounter. I hope this guy quits soon before he ruins the culture any further. There I said it, come find me Mark you angry little man

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do u save money by losing big business?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol mark b is a douche

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems Idexx really likes "little" men.