Idexx Lab Equipment

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many vets actually buy your equipment vs getting it for free?? Heska and Abaxis have better products hands down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idexx never really gives anything away for "free." The customers just think it's free because it's how we market it.

We'll sell them a Lasercyte for $18000, throw in the 20-year old vettest and vetlyte, maybe a UA or SNAP reader, too. Then we'll "credit" their reference lab bill by the amount of the lease, so they think they're paying nothing and getting a bunch of free equipment. We get the $18000 plus HUGE margins on vettest slides. It's pretty sneaky, but vets are typically not smart business people. Idexx has such a large market share and everyone knows our equipment, so it's not that hard.

The big push lately has been the Vetlab station. Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors, but you'd be surprised how the vets love it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We know Abaxis (not so much Heska) has better equipment, they just don't have the representation in the field, nor the brand recognition. We will continue to fool these ignorant vets that our equipment is free, and reap the rewards of consumable sales.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You Idexx reps don't mind posting these comments? What if vets read this board???

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, who says you have to be an Idexx rep to post here? It's anonymous -- anyone can post.

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer Guest

They may not read this board, but I just did and you can bet a copy of this might just circulate the next NAVC! :rolleyes:

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, before purchasing any Idexx lab equipment, do yourself a favor and at least see the Abaxis equipment work, and look at the numbers as well. It is cutting edge technology, great 24/7 tech support, and the equipment pays for itself, as it cost less to run per test and a ton less tech/dr time.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am one of these "ignorant" Vets and just went with abaxis over IDEXX. I can't speak for other Veterinarians but most salespeople are pretty transparent to me especially IDEXX.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its pretty obvious that none of these posts are IDEXX employees or even ex-IDEXX employees. What is coming through loud and clear is whoever is posting these entries works for Abaxis. Sounds like this person is frustrated at the fact that IDEXX is switching prior Abaxis accounts to IDEXX.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abaxis is a good machine but they have very poor customer service. I personally hate selling Abaxis because they will stab you in the back and take a sell direct and then never be seen again by the clinic and a distributor has to deal with any issues the customer has. Another problem I have noticed is they do not have separate panels like Idexx does so that you have to use the full rotor even if you just need the BUN or Creatine.

11. PJG

PJG Guest

The amazing thing about boards like is that there is no validation or verification, and people who are disgruntled, bored, vindictive and essentially have no lives can say whatever they want anonymously, with no repercussion. It's an amazing act of cowardice and anyone who actually believes what an anonymous person posts deserves the repercussions of following that advice. IDEXX does still lead with value and still considers the customer more than other companies. I may not always agree with their corporate decisions, however I do know, after 8 years with them, that they don't use smoke and mirrors to deceive a customer. While I can't speak for individual reps, the majority of the employees are honest and the programs offered are fair. Neither Idexx, nor the veterinarian (in most cases), is in a non-profit situation. But the programs offered are absolutely in both parties' best interests. I would not sell a product or service that I did not believe in. As for the Heska and Abaxis units being superior, it's laughable. I have used all three analyzers as a tech and there is no comparison. People with an axe to grind should find a hobby. Or at least grow the reproductive organs to identify themselves. Or maybe medicate. I hope the offending party finds a better job, since they are obviously not happy where they are. I know Abaxis is always hiring. Circulate THAT at NAVC.

Pam G

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Believe in what you sell", you have to be kidding me!!! That is laughable. Anybody that promotes or endorses the use of single tests for diagnostic purposes is ridiculous and without knowledge. We were never taught to run single tests, and that is how your reps sell (or give away) your products. So if you are the voice for Idexx, you need to stop selling "the convenience of single tests" to meet your quota, and if you really believe in what you sell (ha), go back to being a tech! My techs know the value of baselines and real medicine. By the way, what value is there in something that is FREE?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously you have not read the comments very well. Nobody said anything about promoting single tests, it is just something that I have noticed having worked with Idexx machines in the clinic as a tech and now selling Abaxis. I do get asked by my customers if Abaxis has single tests for renal functions because in real medicine that is sometimes all you need to check if your reevaluating a bun/creatine level after previous blood work (baselines) or a blood glucose.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: ABAXIS

QUESTIONS:

1. WHY doesn't ABAXIS have their own board?

2. WHO did ABAXIS hire recently in the NYC area?

3. WHY were some of their job opportunities described as "will consider such B2B experience as car rental, beverage sales, and copy machine sales. Evidently the hiring folks at ABAXIX are cluleless as to the appropriate background for most success at selling blood analyzers. In fact, every time I see this, it shows that the medical equipment industry in general is ignorant about how to hire the appropriate sales talent.

Oh well. Perhaps Idexx is wiser.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did not know that have your own board validates a company. Who cares who is in NYC! And how can the Abaxis CEO be on the cover of Forbes for hiring weak people. Just keep selling your old, out-dated equipment.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So any updates on Catalyst Dx. Heard from a vet that all the issues were fixed (mostly software) and the thing is now rocking...I guess it was freezing if techs tried to input data on the touch screen too rapidly but a new software upgrade totally fixed it. Anyone else hearing anything on DX. I saw it at NAVC and looked impressive/great throughput.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Vetlyte SUCKS! The maintanence is ridiculous (changing tubes every 6 months for one). The @#(%& thing goes in standby every 3 hours even when you've been running it. Heck the thing will even shut down if you've already input the patient info if it happens during the 3 hour cut off time, won't even let you finish. Oh and to top it off you have to run a cleaner and calibration to get it back up and running for another 3 hours.

I hate the @#$% thing.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: ABAXIS

1: Because it is under the radar and none of the employees ever requested CP to make a board for Abaxis.
    2: Some totally lame real loser. Their rep visited our facility and we were very unimpressed. Oh, and the manager that lives in New Jersey has no clue how to hire good sales reps either.
    3: A case in point. If this is the background where Abaxix hires from, they are destined for failure.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abaxis has some decent equipment. Too bad their northeast regional manager in New Jersey is a total idiot. He hired a total loser for Long Island. Idexx ought to be celebrating!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to last the last response about the nyc new hire for abaxis. He is more qualified than any one person at idexx and for your information he kicked your ass when he was at antech and now he will do the same thing at abaxis. He was the most successful rep in Antech history in getting business back from idexx and remember he did this with 95% of the market and just imagine if he had the opportunity like the current idexx reference reps have who only have 15% of the market and still cant close shit.