Idexx Lab Equipment

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is the new Abaxis rep?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like somebody has their percentages ass-backwards. Wow. What a genius!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about giving 110%!! Know what I mean?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry for the confusion the 95% represents the market share he had within his own territory and the 15% market share represents Idexx's market share average for the nation not his territory and in reality within his own territory he retained his current business and at the same time kicked your ass. Idexx is pathetic

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm, sounds pretty impressive. Are you saying that Idexx only has 15% of the market? I thought that they are the industry leader. Ok, so this dude was a hotshot at Antech. That was selling lab services? Abaxis is capital equipment sales. Can be very different.

Did Antech get a replacement yet?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have a Vetlyte you can save some money by buying your supplies from a company called Diamond Diagnostics. Identical stuff for much less money. You can also save money by cancelling your service contract on the vetlyte and just call Diamond for Tech support and parts. Their number is 1-800-813-4229 and ask for Dan at ext 332. He rocks!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So abaxis hired an Antech rep who was the best at stealing back IDEXX business. So basically they just hired someone who thinks that "selling" is walking into an account with a blank check or will just drop their pants and offer ridiculously high discounting. In other words they bring no value to the table. This experience will really prepare them for selling capital equipment.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Idexx Lab Equipment - Catalyst hidden expenses !

Having used a vettest for many years and generally been happy with it my rep sold me a catalyst, faster, state of the art, more accurate, etc etc i asked about the cost of consumables and quite frankly I was mislead big style. The machine uses at least 5 times as many slides as he claims absolutely outlandish. Got mine taken back as I had it on a 3month trial. Back to the vetest for me just as good and no hidden strings (well at least no more than I know about). I am angered at being lied to.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They let you do a 3 month trial of the Catalyst??? How'd you manage that one?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple I insisted on a 3 month trial before I signed up. Obviusly at first the account manager said no but eventually when i made it clear it was a trial or nothing then i got my trial period. Glad I did. I dont know who your account manager is but mine was helpful or desperate or both. She had to get approval from the sales manager I presume.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't understand your comment about IDEXX's Catalyst Dx using "more slides" than the old VetTest.

While Catalyst can do whole blood, quicker throughput, and batch process, it uses the exact same slides as the VetTest (albeit a different shape).

For example, if you want to do a NSAID test to establish baseline and monitor NSAID therapy with Catalyst DX, you could use the NSAID clip with 5 slides: ALKP, ALT, AST, BUN, and CREA ...and BUN/CREA is calculated.

Or you could jsut buy individual slides and run any of the above five slides, in any combination you want.

For VetTest, you would do the exact same thing...buy either indiviudal slides or buy the NSAID package which has the exact same slides:ALKP, ALT, AST, BUN, CREA

So how is this more slides?

Also, there are more "prepackaged clips" which may have more slides in them, but this gives you more information...if you don't want the clips or need all the slides, you do not have to buy them...you can buy the exact same chemistry workups with the exact same number of slides with VetTest and Catalyst...this is a fact...please explain your comments??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only problem is the results are like Christmas you never know what you might get.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course I will explain, with the catalyst consumable costs were 5 times the amount the account manager quoted for the number of bloods run. There were more failed slides, spotting failures and QC failures than with vettest. I am aware of the portfolio of tests available and also the NSAID, GHP and YPAP options etc. Irrespective of the capital cost of the machine the consumables cost were 5 fold with the wastage and all the extra's not mentioned at the close, the labor saving promised was neglible. So my point is, it was a disadvantage over the vettest and as the chemistry methods are the same what is the real advantage.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Idexx Catalyst Cost of operation

We have cut our expences by $500 per month by running electrolytes on the Vetlyte instead of buying slides for the Catalyst. The catalyst is $6 per sample for lytes no matter how many you run. The Vetlyte we run uses only about 1 pack per month ($70). We run about 100 samples per month so we would be paying $600 per month for catalyst supplies. We get our supplies from Diamond Diagnostics so we don't need a service contract and the electrodes are more reasonably priced. If it does break down and we can't get to it right away, we run them on the Catalyst. I dexx really doesn't want you to know this and that is why they "offer" to take your vetlyte in trade. I was lucky I was able to find a used one pretty cheap.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys really need an Abaxis VS 2. The VetTest is a dinosaur. You can train anyone to run the VS 2 in minutes and your cost savings are significant.Not only do you save money on profiles but the time savings is noticeable.There is almost no maintenance and the controls are built into each test.It's a no brainer!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We do not have a Vettest. I am paying $10 for a 14 test panel and $1 for Lytes for a total of $11 (it was $16 when we ran both on the Catalyst). When I checked with Abaxis the same tests cost $14. I have also heard not so nice things about the accuracy of the Vetscan.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am pretty sure the new clips for the Catalyst are less expensive, on a per slide basis, than VetTest. Your problem may be with your distributor, not IDXX...IDXX does not sell the consumables to you. They sell to Butler, MWI, etc. and then they mark them up and distribute to vet offices...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doc's actually can purchase consumables direct from Idexx. It would not benefit any distributor to mark up these products when they are basically a set price by Idexx. Nice try though....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know where you heard the accuracy problem ???? There are some issues with lipemic samples but those can be addressed.I see multiple units in clinics everywhere. They don't nickle and dime you with upgrades either.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask any medical person lytes don't work on chemical methods only electrodes,too many interferences, basic science I am afraid.