Idexx Lab Equipment

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by Anonymous, Oct 26, 2007 at 1:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Idexx Catalyst Cost of operation

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a distributor rep and 7 of my hospitals returned the catalyst. It was never accurate consistently and it kept breaking down. Idexx replaced it 4 times at one place and then gave them a hard time about returning it. Another Idexx epic failure. Bring back Indicator!

3. Snakefire

Snakefire Guest

Re: Idexx Catalyst Cost of operation

you can't compare these 2 machines, they each have their own pro's and con's
    I looked into both before finally getting a vettest.

I find the vettest to be very flexible, you can run single tests, compose your own panels or expand on the general/diagnostic/ypap/NSAID panels
    You aren't limited to blood, you can run urine P/C ratios, you can use a creatinine slide on abdominal fluid to rule out ascites from bladder or kidney rupture, use lipase and amylase slide on abdominal fluid to check for pancreatitis associated peritonitis,...
    And okay the machine looks outdated if you put it next to the vetscan, but hey why do you think it's been around for so long...it's just a great machine.
    Needless to say the vetscan has its' own merrits, I believe one can't go wrong buying one or the other. In the end you will usually get the one that best matches your needs or has the best support in your region.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you run all 12 chems on your blood glucose curves every time?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ever heard of a Fructosamine assay?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah to see how response to long term therapy, however most vets use glucose slides for their serial GLUCOSE curves.

7. BansheeHawke

BansheeHawke Guest

Oh, my, or maybe your donkey ass hasn't realized it may be a combination of both . A Idexx rep that saw the light and didn"t feel like dealing with all correlation issues. By the way you know who I have issues with, so suck it.

8. I get it. Everyone here has an opinion. i hear people talking about people they only know from a distance as an "idiot" and other equipment as "crap". We live in an imperial world where data is king, p-factors rule and people do NOT buy on emotion.

The fact that so many people has so little to say of any logical though, makes me wonder if the species from which the samples are taken run hire IQ's than the Rep. I like my company. We sell good equipment to good people. Other do the same. If you want to knows who's labs to buy, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, THINK, AND MOVE ON. Sheesh.

Cheers

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is so hilarious that anyone would compare the two companies--the stock speaks for itself.
    As a professional DVM, if you beleive what on this board than you support your clients getting their info from the internet as well.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lab Equipment

I'm a DVM and have been laughing at this board for 3 years lol...
    I have used all of these products and was most impressed with Abaxis. The customer care is not as good as they are not a giant like IDEXX, but regardless if the equipment is well made you don't tend to need as much support... In terms of reliability, ask the military: they used the chemistry and hematology analyzers in battle situations inside of vehicles moving over rough terrain. It wasn't a difficult decision to purchase our units and have been satisfied for 6 years.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I am both a military veteran and in the vet industry. Can't compare the military to the vet industry. On the human side, you don't have extremely lipemic, hemolytic, or icteric samples 78% of the time or a fractious human pulling away from you as you try to get a blood draw...so in these cases, you can have a third rate analyzer like the Abaxis used in human medicine. Not so for the animal industry where you need an accurate chemistry analyzer for those compromised samples. Hands down, IDEXX has the better technology with repeatable results each time. Oh, by the way, as a combat veteran with 6 years of active duty, I haven't heard of the military running these analyzers out on the move in trucks and in rugged terrain...generally these are run at aid stations in a fixed location. My two cents...take it for what it's worth.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it may well be that these so called "IDEXX" comments are coming from the competitors of the company, not IDEXX themselves.. as a supplier of IDEXX I am certain that above comments are not likely to come from IDEXX employees, only "desperate" competitors

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha....funny that you seem to have such vast knoweledge of Abaxis' products and their military field usage. First off, Abaxis has no hematology offering on the human side....no FDA clearance for any hematology product. If the hM5 wasn't garbage they would have tried to secure FDA approval to market it alongside the Piccolo. That isn't even a future project...It ain't happening.

Abaxis is a second rate company in virtually every way. All you have to do is visit Union City to see for yourself. They actively hire management that gets fired (disgracefully) from other companies for receiving DUI's. A significant portion of Abaxis management has at least one DUI. It's one of the only places to "stay in the industry" after you get sauced and go to jail.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does anyone actually purchase DIRECTLY from Idexx?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We sell value

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idexx equipment is clearly better. Nothing can compete with the dry slide technology on the Catalyst or the Procyte Hematology.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly your very uninformed and not very educated.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Lab Equipment

i would agree with you DVM as i have used the equipment both in Human ER's and in the Field. However, why should we believe you DVM? I have found that your profession is quite unusual, most DVM's have no financial sense, no standards of care for the animals, and quite honestly your ego's are laughable.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excuse me...are you lost? This is a VETERINARY Health Sales Board. If you believe that the profession is unusual, why are you here? If you have "used the equipment in Human ER's" I presume you are posing as an MD or DO, or in sales on the Human side. Just to let you in on a secret, for those that have "no financial sense", Veterinarians are at least smart enough not to let a bunch of HMO's take over, and tell you how to practice, what you can charge, and cut your pay drastically. There ARE standards of care, and if you have ever been to a VA Hospial or Nursing home, you'd know that standards are useless and laughable in the human medical field. Now, you imbecillic blowhard, do you want to discuss who has the biggest EGO?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mad bro?