If WE are the ones buying Shire then why...

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, Jan 8, 2019 at 2:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has got to be quick, they need to start making savings to cover the debt. The 10bn in product divestiture will need to happen too, just rip the band aid off and tell us!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kind of funny when I read the “shire in big trouble”.. actually Shire was prospering until our CEO decided to continue to take profits from Neuro and start buying and sucking he profits from the adhd med. look where that got them.

Adhd made shire, it also helped fuel this “rate disease” everyone speaks of..

So I guess it made Shire, then brought it down ?

Or was it AI like flem once said?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree. I wish they'd take their time and slow walk the information and layoffs. I love it here now. No one in the field is doing anything. I'm working about 10 hours a week just waiting to see how this will play out. No one is working more than a day or two a week. Why should we? I kind of like it like this.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hot off the presses:

I'm hearing 44 to 47% of combined sales forces to be let go. Severance will be 6 weeks and an additional 2 weeks for every full year worked at either company. Total severance time not to exceed 48 weeks.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe for Takeda employees but this is not the deal that shire negotiated for its employees. It’s currently posted on the shire website. No max payout for severance for shire employees.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obvious idiot here. The Takeda website has already answered the questions regarding severances. Lowest is 8 weeks severance for yrs 2-3. After that it starts adding additional time.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not to mention there is a cap but it’s somewhere around 70+ weeks cap.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire corporate here. What we see is a strong movement from takeda leadership to place their own. Most of the shire internal employees seem to be jockeying for jobs but they are not the most competent. Medical leadership (VP level), esp Neuro and Immun in the franchises is really weak and they know it. Commercial pretty much has written that side of the business off for years and only asks medical to meetings as courtesy. Finally, ramona seems to have it together but medical can't even get a basic org chart together. again, says a lot about the shire folks.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There actually is a cap for a shire reps. It’s 52 weeks plus the additional time for the buyout. I believe that would make it 64 weeks. But you are correct-our plan seems to be much better than the Takeda reps will get. 3 weeks for every year plus the additional buyout on top of that which I believe is another 8-12 weeks depending on your rep level

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 weeks for every year
    Change of control and WARN period nets you 12+8 weeks on top of that. Unless you are a VP or higher it’s capped at 52weeks total. Same rules apply for legacy shire for 24 months post close if there is another layoff 2020 or 2021.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medical is pretty bad at shire. Always has been

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

was around for the TAP buy out and the reps were split 50/50 between tap and takeda...managers and regionals..all the way up. It was for improved culture and I forgot the other word for it

Good luck

13. Call
    (323) 876-4761

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s the only thing keeping me here.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Shire corporate here.."? Ok, cat dick. You must be one of those 'old Shire' fellas that gets on the phone and self-identifies as corporate. WTF does that mean, anyway? Non-field? Medical? or maybe its just
    Moth Dick from Corporate.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Firings on both sides. If you don’t have rare disease experience then you are no better then a contract sales rep. Sorry, the truth hurts. Many contact reps have more experience and just want an easy job to ride out till they retire. You are all fools to argue.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If at this point in your career and the market, if you don’t have a min of 2 years in rare disease/buy and bill/injectable, etc...... you have nobody to blame but yourself.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At this point in your career, if you’re lecturing people that your stupid pharma job is better than their stupid pharma job then you must have too much time on your hands and a false sense of security about your own future.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re pharma. Most of shire isn’t.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They totally have an over inflated ego about their abilities. I’ve done buy/bill and pharma for 20 years and these yahoos think the former is rocket science and nobody else can do it. Boy are they in for a rude awakening.