If you are affected - Promptly seek a lawyer and document now

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 9, 2018 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I hear this is going to affect 16 people? My wife is a lawyer and says they will have a big problem on their hands if they don’t find employment for these people. This is not a massive sales reduction due to the need to cut costs. The facts are not in their favor as these employees were part of a highly successful 1 billion $ launch. The salesforce was showing strong success and there would not be a need to cut jobs. There would have to be a legitimate reason why that person is being let go versus their nearby counterparts. If they have stronger sales numbers than those being kept, could also be a red flag for an attorney. Even more scrutinized is that it is a relatively low number or employees with the number being 16 versus cutting half the sales force. Are the employees a minority such as African American, Gay, Over 50? All will be legitimate cause for a lawsuit. GNE will have legal liability when they don't have documentation to backup their layoff decisions. My wife says GNE will have to publicly announce the selection criteria and be prepared to legally explain why one employee was chosen over the other. Selection criteria will need to be revealed and they will be forced to do so. My friends in the MS franchise told me time and time again that they were told transformation would be an exciting time where opportunities (ie jobs) would be created. If GNE is prepared to adversely affect someone’s current position, they better have an alternative plan on where to place these people.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Everyone affected should seek legal counsel. Many have documented the favoritism that already exists. If all GNE legacy reps are chosen over everyone else, this will be a bias that can be fought. Regardless what anyone says, this downsizing will never be forgotten in a situation that should never happen in the first place. No one is going to forget the BioOnc layoff and no one will forget layoffs from the most profitable launch ever. Simply doesn’t add up other than they purposely over hired and planned to them let go.
    We can only imagine the terrible situation this will impact people and their families. It is terrible and no one should want to be a part of a vicious company that does this. The sad thing is they will probably have a huge over the top meeting in July with gifts etc. after they just dropped innocent good employees like trash.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry but I don't think you are correct on this. They use a consultant, ZS Associates, which actually has an office at the Genentech campus. They will redraw the territory lines based on volume and then the lowest potential volume territories will be cut. They will also cut individuals that don't happen to live in their current geographies. Drug companies do this all the time, Genentech did it last year to BioOnc. The company knows how to protect themselves by having the vendor/consultant make the cuts. This takes the bias out. Genentech will just provide the attorneys the information to show how it was done and there will be no case. Still sucks but I highly doubt anyone will be successful with litigation.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was told it has nothing to do with where you live if you are within approx 30 Miles of your territory.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It won’t be where you live

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever they do, it’s always good to have legal representation.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did with the BioOnc reorg. The cut way more than 16 so they may just recut territories and do it based on sales potential.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“My wife is a lawyer”. Genentech has lawyers too!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t be an ass. Of course they do, but it never hurts to have your own attorney.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give GNE some credit, they may be disgusting, but they are not stupid. Sr mgmt. sets some criteria but ZS pulls the levers. This ain't their first rodeo folks. Mgmt is blinded to who is displaced until ZS sends them the file.

They chose to optimize sales territories, a justifiable business decision in a competitive market.

Displaced people may get preference IF there are open positions in the vicinity of where they live in the other franchises. If not, end of story, spend your severance wisely and good luck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give GNE some credit, they may be disgusting, but they are not stupid. Sr mgmt. sets some criteria but ZS pulls the levers. This ain't their first rodeo folks. Mgmt is blinded to who is displaced until ZS sends them the file.

They chose to optimize sales territories, a justifiable business decision in a competitive market.

Displaced people may get preference IF there are open positions in the vicinity of where they live in the other franchises. If not, end of story, spend your severance wisely and good luck.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They can blame ZS all day long but, don't kid yourself, there is always bias in who stays and who goes. Just ask some of the BOLD crowd.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! The wife may be a lawyer but unless she is an employment law like my wife then you dont know what youre talking about anymore then an employment lawyer knows how to defend a serial killer in a court. Genentech like most companies cut "at Will employees" which can be terminated at any time. ZS makes the cuts which is true and they do it in a business manner way. Sorry but there is no class action unless all the cuts are specific to a particular demographic ( ie black people, gay, Women, etc) Forget it!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ZS is nothing but a cover

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tenure is an objective criteria. Last in, first out so to speak.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a laughable post. They are within their right to make cuts. It sucks, I'm on the block just like you.........That being said. If you are the one, then you are the one. No lawsuit. Here is your package. Take it, and the place will be open for business tomorrow. That's the real world. The fact that they will look to place those affected, is indeed true and honest. Good luck to all.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah you’re on the block. Yeah right. How bout shut your pie hole?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Might be the reason for the cuts......They hired some real morons who think they have legal cause to sue.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been with GNE many years in another franchise. Never seen anything like this and very sorry for those affected. What has happened to this company?! No need to comment, Troll.