If you are fired

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chuck this old timer. After July I will be making 100% more then you. Haaahaaaahaaaa! The extra pay won't even make your health insurance premium. Waaaaaaaaaaaa

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Latest restructure has ABS and Remicade Reps merging to sell Simponi IV. ISD and ISR merging and selling Stelara and Simponi. There are major territory shifts on the way and most changes will be for the good. The last two restructures left us weaker as an organization. This one will make us stronger and better able to compete. Good luck and keep a good attitude.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Below is how JnJ is dealing with older employees. It is now common knowledge and being commented on by the press. Alex said JnJs number 1 threat is not from competition but rather from present and future pension liabilities. Still think this is a great company to work for? Now you know why most of the new hires lately have never sold before. Bad news for JnJ is that they won't be selling anything here either as our competition is laughing at this practice with no plans to follow suit.

Tuesday, 01-April-2014: --- Pharm News Wire: "J & J McNeil divestiture announcement"

This morning, healthcare major Johnson & Johnson announced plans to divest their low-performing McNeil PPC OTC business by end of 2Q 2015. CEO Alex Gorsky indicated a strong desire to "sell, wind-down, or otherwise divest" the OTC business that has seen a spate of recalls culminating a so-called FDA consent decree in October 2011. "This comes as no surprise, given the apparent chronic nature of quality problems at the McNeil business unit, frequent leadership shuffles, mounting legal woes from patient lawsuits, multiple investigations by federal agencies and the Department of Justice, and an overall picture of continuing management incompetence" suggested a prominent healthcare analyst on Wall Street. Pharma industry analysts have long derided the McNeil OTC business as the black sheep of J & J's empire.

While details of the divestiture have not yet been made public, with the board keeping plans close to their vests, expect a divestiture plan similar to what was done with the Carlyle Group for other BU sales by J & J. The Carlyle Group for their part expressed no specific interest, stating instead that "their analysts are on the look-out for expanding their healthcare portfolio across business lines".

Regardless of how this all shakes out, one thing seems certain - J & J is driving to slim down their bloated, ageing, pension-hungry payrolls, get out of low-margin problem business lines, and get rid of their huge pool of low-performing, over-compensated employees.
    ----PNN

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice - Credo at work again. Next move is to put everyone on hourly minimum wage. The reason McNeil is in bad shape is because of the clowns in corporate. If you can't manage a pill plant your in trouble.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See post #107, punk. You'll be out much younger than we were. I'll make sure to tip your wife extra at the crack den next week.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poor baby…you won't even get a pension. And forget about any options you get now. Stock won't grow much between now and when you get canned, or even beyond that. The pension is going away, and no more matched 401k.
    Who's crying now? Oh, it's you.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad and false rumor. I'm tied in straight to the top. Nobody's getting laid off.
    So lay off, you moron.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody is getting laid off? You idiot. Your "tied to the top" must be the janitor. 1/2 of the over 40 crew are on a pip or something like it. But don't worry, you should keep your head up your 30 something azz.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is not with the 40 crew. It's with the 50 and over crew. My manager and RBD are cleaning house soon and it's not going to be shiny for the old crowd. Once that is done my RBD jumps into MY's slot and my abm jumps into Marti's. Then it's smooth sailing for me. Best thing about it is that we'll all be hitting 50 around the same time and so my job is super secure. Too bad for the old reps but they've been sliding too long on our numbers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is something you should know about this website. If the federal government can trace texts and emails from anywhere in the world under subpoena it can be determines who is posting these age discriminating statements. My guess is that someone over 50 is posting these to try to build up support. I don't think any of the under 50 crew actually believes the statements that are being posted on this website. I think it is so sad that you old timers have resorted to such low tactics to try to gain attention to your selves. The fact that you can no longer compete in the workplace is not the problem of Jnj. If you are going to be a whiner then you should work at Walmart as a greeter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think? Next time you have a thought, let it go! Get over yourself. If you had a clue, you'd know that nobody needs CP to build support for anything and that somebody "trying to get by" would be flying under the radar not "gaining attention for themselves". Only knuckle draggers and Kool-Aid drinkers are this dense. Which are you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest