If you had the chance would you transfer to Elanco?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2015 at 12:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering what the Lilly reps think about Elanco. If you had the chance would you transfer to Elanco?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How would that work? Go to the vets offices and lend a hand when necessary?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely! Elanco is the only business unit at LLY with good leadership. Jeff Simmons rocks.
    EC, DR and SM all suck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a retired Lilly rep, but given the really sad state of affairs at Lilly pharmaceutical, I would jump at the chance of transferring to Elanco. There, you would have the opportunity to deal with real customers and actually sell something. Elanco's products are not just for veterinarians.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jumping to Elanco would be the end of your career in human healthcare... That said, they only hire kids right out of college with AG degrees... They do not hire people with solid sales acumen outside of the AG industry. They do bring over Lilly marketing people to establish real business strategies though... But, again if you come over you're going to have a hard time being excepted and it will effect your career path and future marketability back in the human side of pharma ...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just bring the giant ß-3 horse pills & Slop The John®!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't mind not being excepted if I am truly accepted!:D

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's Stimulating!
    It's STIMULATING!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Elanco had a loss of 8% in sales last year, and this year hasn't shaped up much better. Add that to the cuts they are going to go through and the future does not look too bright....but hey, Jeff Simmons rocks apparently.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, down 9% for Q3.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Elanco's leadership is severely out of touch with the customer. Management hasn't been able to grow the business for two years straight. They are no better off and the grass isn't any greener.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big caution on Jeff Simmons. He's a guy with many, many strategies and ideas - that wear down the management team chasing these, putting together plans and implementing, only to find that Jeff has read a new book, come up with a new idea then the cycle continues. His management team is capable but afraid to challenge him. Someone can talk to Ellen T (now retired). How did it work out for her? Elanco's idea of diversity is to occasionally transfer a female or minority from the pharma business into Elanco, then claim how supportive Jeff and Elanco are for diversity and inclusion.

Over the past several years, the shiny coin has been acquisitions. How many have there been now? In the meantime, the year on year results have been pathetic. Can someone check what the Elanco bonus multiple was last year and what will it be for the next payout? Much lower than Lilly's. So don't be too quick to pursue Elanco - the grass is not greener on that side of the fence rail !

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Elanco has announced exit package / job cuts due to restructuring. How does Elanco look now? Same as mother ship that is also cutting jobs.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Welcome David Ricks! Cuts are coming everywhere so that he can have and continue to have a growing salary! No innovation is happening under Ricks helm! Only cuts, not only in positions but everywhere he can find them!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He has to cut! Our operating expenses are obscenely high and big John did nothing to change that. DR has to be a dick if he is going to save the company fron johnny kicking the can down the road.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came from Human Pharma sales with Bayer, Let me tell you Elanco is cutting edge I still dont know much about the Lilly side other than we have same HR and benefits. Elanco operates from a different corporate office in Greenfield and is a distance from Lilly headquarters. ( A good thing I am told) The company culture is amazing, they only hire top sales performers (the industry doesn't matter) Since Ive been here we have expanded our sales force three times I have asked some original reps and they said they have never downsized in sales. There has been downsizing in manufacturing and corporate due to duplicate jobs from acquisitions but companion animal sales is growing and continually brings new innovative fda products quickly to the Vet Market. Its different from my Human career at Bayer where we were lucky to have a new product approved once every 7 years! Here their are No partners, no hiding,no Insurance, no shoddy over the top managers, and if you sell something you get credit and get rewarded $$$ there is no group bonus plan or cap if you want to work and work hard and sell a lot your bonus will be more than your base. No egos at Elanco everyone does there job to the best ability and no rep at Elanco will ever tell you how much money $$ they make. If you are outstanding in your current sales job and like to perform independently you may get an interview, but beware the competition to get a job at Elanco is tough they only hire very top performers

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i couldn't wait to read them I saw the "cutting edge" part. After falling down from laughing so hard I had to respond. Please tell the 150 allocated people from this week how "great" the company is. How great are all those sales reps when all they have done is cut prices to keep business. How fantastic is the company who only grew US sales 2% last quarter which includes a mid Q price increase that pulled sales forward? Glad you are having fun, let us know how that is working later this year. Maybe Simmons will write another breathtaking white paper......yeah that is really working out for you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm, yeah. Elanco has had two consecutive years of negative revenues. Hopefully the 10% reduction they are going through won't elimante all those "top performers".

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has not gotten much better for Elanco. Another year, another drop in revenue. Still drinking the Simmons Kool-Aid? Hope not. He's lost trying to navigate the current affairs of Animal Health.

So to answer the question: I would not jump. Elanco is either going to be spun off as an IPO or sold.