Immunology - Area Manager

Discussion in 'CSL Behring' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In case you haven't read the other posts on this site...all the divisions suck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the coag guys seem pretty happy

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i was just contacted by a recruiter for immunology division. 4 weeks vaca to start, company car, free healthcare coverage, and just says competitive compensation/bonus whatever that means. Based on what everyone is saying here (if it's legit) base would not exceed 115k. If that's the case, this ol' gentleman won't leave current hospital/specialty experience with great company/benefits. Doesn't make sense to take a paycut. I will post actual offer if I get it in writing to those seeking info to help future decisions.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most you will get if lucky is 105k.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, one thing is for certain, CSLB is no different than most of the company boards here on CP. Just read through one thread and you might as well have read any other thread with any other company. Same types with every company. Lets take a look:

First, we've got the "paranoid person who always thinks every question is some outside conspiracy to get info." What the fuck info would a douchebag rep like you or any other have that would shock the pharma world anyway, you twit? What do you think this is Cold War espionage? You're a fricking drug rep and not Jack Ryan in a Tom Clancy novel!

Oh, then there's the: "You must be some liberal democrat?" I hate that as much as anything! Can you sound anymore small minded and uneducated? Yeah, I don't think exactly like you, so lets just immediately think it's a political thing. I don't even get what that's supposed to mean? Are you smarter because you are a republican? Just a reminder... You are a drug rep, nothing more than a glorified sales person! You are no different than a door-to-door vacuum salesman! You just happen to sell drugs and not a suction machine! BTW, if you had said, well you must be a a conservative republican, I would have stated the same thing. Anyone who generalizes by political affiliation is a total loser who needs to stop watching their 5 minutes of Fox or CNN and thinking they know how the world works. Shut-the-fuck-up already!

Finally, the: "Run don't walk away from here" post. Okay?... I just wanted some basic info on what people make and insurance and how you like the job and all you can say is run don't walk? Thanks Confucius for your wisdom and insight! Yet, you still work here but tell everyone else to run away. Do you wake up in the morning and plan out how stupid you will be today, or does ignorance just pop out of you every few seconds all by itself? How is it that so many dumb-fucks get pharma jobs? Oh wait a second, I just remembered, you're a vacuum sales rep with drugs!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll be honest...
    salary starts at 80k, territory size depends om state, hospital and doctors both, 401 match was at 6%, but may have changed under new management t, insurance is Aetna, you choose the plan and cost, IC goals attainable... also depends on territory... most likely not payouts are at then lowest they've ever been, top performers at bottom and bottom at the top because they have lower goals.

has become a micromanaged company with negative culture. Very few good managers left in the company, many are jumping ship. It's a job. As a new person you may like it and do well. Good Luck! Honestly.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. The company now cares more about data not sales. Ok you want me to make X # of calls per day, ok I can input that, but that Doesn't mean I actually called on them. This is NOT the way to motivate me or the sales force. Judge me based on growth and performance not how many times I checked my IPAD or the perverbial box. US of A could possibly ruin this company by implementing these rules or practices. I feel sorry for the new management because in the end when we aka the sales force leaves it only makes them and A.L.L look bad. Good reps don't leave bc of organizational changes they leave bc of managers not understanding their role! BC I hope you read this and give a shit. The sad fact is that way to many solid reps and managers have jumped off the boat. The stock may be stable for now but P.P should remember where he started. There are so many other companies out there now offering similar or better opportunities with out all the unstable bs. Just my thoughts, but I quickly learned no one cares about the reps opinion.

I will be surprised if I am still at CSL in the new year!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally, some real input. Thank you last two posters.

I'm coming from a company that has downsized significantly. They have no vision as well. Unfortunately they may not be a company in 6 months, so time to go. It doesn't sound much better, but if it gives more stability than my current job I'll take it. I know the industry has changed a lot, but I'm still thankful for a job with a decent paycheck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG, you must be a miserable person! Just to let you know - you are being watched by micro cameras mounted in your tv and computer. Your phone is bugged. You wife or husband is really a Russian spy, or worse a Isis terrorist raised in the US and waiting for the sign to take you out!

Stop watching so much Fox News or listening to Conservative (scare) Talk Radio! My God, you are a brainwashed fool!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow the level of nonsense on these Boards never ceases to amaze me! This Board is nothing more than entertainment and lacks any relation to reality. Sad! People just making accusations and insults to other people who can't defend themselves because they don't come to this nonsense place to read the posts -- usually former/present disgruntled employees or competitors, or just haters and losers posting bullshit. People with serious questions should never look to these Boards for any truth or wisdom, obviously! I just read the posts to get a sense of what's happening out there, but it's just entertainment, period.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was a time when these Boards had some valuable information, but it seems like they are only being used to bitch, gripe, and insult other people now.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol, where have you been? It's been that way forever.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, who actually goes on here to read anything even close to the truth? It's all bullshit from one person's point of view about management or a specific person they don't like. The sad thing is that some people feel they have free license to make personal vicious attacks, knowing there is no downside. Come on people, try not be be evil, it's bad karma!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Self-control? Doesn't exist here!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is your company generous in the insurance covering your own products for approved indications? Hizentra for example. I know people will criticize me severely for asking this. But I've been looking for a new job. I make a lot of money with my current job but the benefits are so poor, I end up paying for Ivig cash. It makes sense to take a pay cut if my company can cover the cost of my drug. Please try to keep rude remarks to a minimum. Thank you

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The poster is right, when I interviewed I asked for a 10% increase in salary. The recruiter said that would be in the range. CSL offered me the position at a base increase of 5%, I countered back with no luck.

I was making 100K at my previous company and after the offer I came in at 105k. If you’re looking to make 110-120k base this may not be your home. My advice, your never as good as you think you are so take what they offer.

I’ve been here a year now and finished at 102% to goal on all three products. After my annual review my manager told me the only reason I got a 1% increase was because my base was high for a representative.

My manager doesn’t micromanage me so, i’ll take what they pay me and be happy. Also, I live within my means and have plenty of money left over to enjoy life. If you make 40k in bonus on top of all the benefits they give you, your now in the top 10% of the wage earners in North America…not bad for average Joe! The saying goes, Pigs get fat…Hogs get slaughtered.

Good luck to you in your career search!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW. You were OVER 100% to all 3 products and you allowed them to only give you a 1% MERIT increase. You should have gotten a 4.5% increase.