Immunology/Derm position info

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Dec 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for position in the South. The employees I've already spoken with are quite happy at AbbVie. I don't plan to broach the topic of salary/bonuse/car until it's brought up but I'd like to hear what a rep with 12-15 years pharma exp should expect? 3yrs in derm, Pres club, etc. What's the salary rage for my exp level? bonus range? Car choices? Thanks in advance

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, with 12-15 yrs exp you should get a base of around $140-150K (in NE). Being you are in South it probably is lower. Maybe $130? Bonus is the same all over. Many car choices, I chose a Chevy Traverse this year. Congrats on your new job and welcome aboard. This is a great place to work !

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll second that notion !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are some of the car choices?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very generous allowance so you can get almost any sedan, crossover or SUV.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a Volvo XC-90 suv, loaded

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Allowance? So, NOT company-owned fleet? That’s pretty cool

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. You can opt for the company owned fleet car OR take the allowance and lease your own. I always lease my own and get what my wife wants !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also interviewed in the South. I have 9 years derm experience and 4 PCs. Opportunity sounds exciting simply because of the 2 molecules coming. Culture seems pretty top down directed, but I'm used to that.

Questions:

1 - with so many hires, just how small will territories be?
    2- what's the story with the pension? New hires get no pension and enhanced 401k match?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone interviewing received the date for the final interview yet? Some other posts mentioned this week in Chicago??

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is hilarious!! yep...spot on. And also you get your own suite for our awesome National meetings and we pay out huge bonuses with no micro management whatsoever. It's a big pharma paradise round here!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It didn’t sound like they were going to be very small in my phone interview. Three+ hours from top to bottom in the case of the territory I interviewed for

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How's the Abbvie culture like in Derm.. micromanaging? Are there field rides w DM's?

Are they considering folks without biologics experwince?

When do they plan to start hiring final candidates?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Experience*

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why would you buy a luxury car for a company vehicle? Sends the wrong message and when layoffs come you will have the greatest car at the unemployment office, congrats and hope you have heated seats for your fat Abercrombie ass

I resent the inference that don't deserve a high end XC-90 loaded. Put in 7 years here and will never get layed off as I have won sales awards ! I know the way to meet my numbers. You must be a rank & file flunkee !!!! LOL

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In what "way" do you "meet your numbers"? Give us an example superman.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not rocket science you MCP: I have an outgoing friendly personality, take time to chat and always dress attractively. It works.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I probably shouldn't share this but this is what I do. I have recorded messages on my phone that go something like "I want to prescribe (insert drug name here) for (insert condition here). I record these with a background of high vibration music to ramp up the effect.

Then when I am talking to a Dr I play these at a volume below the level of conscious perception. It works like a charm. When asked why my numbers are looking so good by my DM I just give him some bullshit about making sure to get buy in, following up on probing questions, etc.