Impressed by Emma

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have worked for both men and women over the last two decades of my life. Both have their issues. Men can make the off comment and take advantage of the "good old boy" network. Woman on the other hand can be extremely moody and catty. When comparing the two, women micro-manage while men tend to mange towards the big picture. Every woman I have worked for has had a tremendous amount of guilt and resentment. Guilt about having a nanny care for their children. Sure they glamorize it but their shallow facade always shows though. To a person, every female manager I have worked for, I've had four at GSK, resented their spouse. Their husbands either had very high level jobs which required travel and long hours making them weekend daddy's. Or they were the opposite. They had low level jobs or no job at all. It was sad to here them trying to fake pride. They would always say something like, "he's on sabbatical" or he's in the process of creating a new company". As I said, I have worked for both genders. Neither does the job better or worse. But if I had my choice I would work for a man. Ladies, ask yourselves, would you rather work for a male or female boss? So were clear, I am a woman. We need to stop with all the ridiculous political correctness in this world.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Men are superior in every way. Let's not kid ourselves darling. I know how to get what I want when I want it off them. I play my managers like love puppets.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do the same with my docs and offices. My access is highest in region and I'm ranked nationally in top 5%. As a minority woman I contribute my success to males. Im beautiful, smart and know what makes a man tick.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are all pathetic.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least #123 is full of it !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To all the GSK women with children. Please refrain from using the phrase "working mom". It implies that there are no "working dads". As a single parent of two children, I take pride in my responsibilities at work and at home. I have never tried to garner sympathy as many of the female colleagues we work with. How many times have we heard "as a working mom..." Most of these women are married and have nanny's. Your comments offensive and narcissistic. I would love for this topic to be brought up at the next GSK Women's Conference. Speak to all the working dads. Explain to them why all of their hard work and love of family is not hailed. Ladies, if you want to be treated as equals, then it's time to "man up"! Otherwise, I opt to stay home or work P/T, while my spouse brings home the bacon. All hail the working dads of this world!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I admire your dedication to your children, you are definitely a minority to be a single father with primary custody; I am assuming you have primary custody. It is unusual for 1 parent to get primary custody today; the other parent usually has to have a major issue like alcoholism or drug addiction. Sadly for the children and the mother, there are many deadbeat dads out there. That is where the "working mom" phrase should be utilized. So maybe it should be refashioned into "working single mother?"

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, I have sole custody. My wife past away. Not looking for sympathy. It was some time ago. Back to the original topic. There are very few "single working moms" within this company. At least I have yet to meet more that two and they each receive alimony and child support ...and ...they fathers share 50/50 custody. So. If women wanted to be treated equally, they need to really look at what it's like to be a man. Ladies, be careful what you wish for.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What about married working dads? Don’t we sacrifice a lot as well? I would gladly work part-time if it allowed me to spend more time with my three kids. Problem is that you have to have a wife that can also be an earner.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back to the OP. I am impressed by a leader who admits that problems need to be addressed and have to be managed. Recall the few times I ever needed real help from HR, ended in a disaster. They are completely biased against the field rep. Suggestions: There should be separate HR advocates for reps. The same person shouldn't be handling supervisor and direct reports. And intervention when there are serious concerns. Need mediation with goal of resolution. And real consequences for retaliation, not this huffing and puffing of a paragraph out of the CPP manual. The HR department has culpability in this very toxic field environment. Thanks for the bi annual survey, would love to give you specific examples.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very toxic non speak up environment. If they would listen to some of field reps input and suggestions sales numbers would go up. Instead they reorganize territories without our input and rip apart relationships. Interesting that AZ have not done this and their sales reflect this. Knowing and having relationships with offices is half the battle!!! Much easier to engage when providers know who we are!! While I’m at it just giving us a few changes on Opserv is ridiculous. Reps and managers with local knowledge should be able to help design call lists. We know who is a know see you idiots!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is a " know see " ? It is very sad when we see a so-called rep using such illiterate English .

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ever use an iPhone you idiot?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First thing to know, HR does not exist to protect workers, it exists to protect the company. Don’t kid yourself.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

amen

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody, and I mean Nobody is Impressed. You can take that to the bank!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh contraire. She is drop dead gorgeous, is a great mother and wife, AND has more positive moves since appointed CEO than Twitty and Pepe “le pew” Garnier in their entire careers. And she hasn’t had to resort to gimmicks such as DPUs, asset swaps with Novartis, or catchy slogans. She should be given the Golden Ax Award for cutting all of Witty’s former staff. If only she could claw back golden parachutes from Garnier and Witty.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dream on and get yourself to an eye doctor ASAP.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A bit mannish for my taste.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently she was a model as a young woman. Easy to see why. I agree, she’s beautiful. And the kicker is that she is brilliant as well. Great hire as CEO.