$$$ in 2014

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been carrying bag for 9 months so looking from experienced reps- Will commissions go up in 2014?

I am in surgery 10 hours a day running trays late into the night and making less then my fraternity brothers who work for Enterprise Car Rental. I was told Arthrex was top of the mountain in device sales?? My colleagues are always saying how we have the best products and we are like surgeons ourselves, but we have to pool our money for potato skins at Applebees for happy hour. Hoping to get some new rims for my Honda this year. Where are the big stacks?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It all depends which distributor you work for. Some are decent, some are bad, and some will do everything to keep your money. If you are not moving up the chain by now, you should move on. The problem is where do you go? Every device company is cutting commissions so I'm not sure the grass is any greener.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"like surgeons ourselves"? What the hell are you talking about? You run trays and open boxes. A surgeon's skill level involves way more that that.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Work for Medwest- all of their reps make 150k+

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is ok to pay me less as long as our consultants get their cut first. I mean, business is business right?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Face it fellas, Arthrex is no longer a place to make big money like it once was. Distributors are forced to bring in so many mid level managers and just where exactly will that money come from? That's right... YOU!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got back from Naples training. Shocked to hear 27% of Arthrex sales reps live with their parents. I know we have a few in our group, but that number seems high.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to move back in with my parents! No rent, no food bills, Mom does the laundry, and Dad cooks dinner! I might actually make some money by eliminating expenses to offset paying my subreps that aren't worth a penny. Sounds good to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The money wont ever get better. I walked in my distributor's office and saw a quote from Brett Pylant stating "Artrhex is about outcomes, not incomes." Arthrex is plastering this shit everywhere.

A few at the top, including the distributors, make a killing while the rest of us just keep toiling away.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take pride in the fact you sell the best orthopedic solution on the planet. Don't get caught up in how many $$$ I am making vs what my manager is making.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pride you say? At what cost? arthrex doesn't take pride in us.They don't give a shit.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you first concern is to make the most money then Arthrex is not the place for you. Our competitors with lesser products typically make more for selling less. If you don't like it you need to move along.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And some of us moonlight as motivational speakers, eating a steady diet of government cheese and living in a van down by the river!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is hilarious. Of course sales reps are motivated by one thing, money.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The products are not that much better, it's the number of reps. Arthrex is killing the business for everyone, they are saturating the market w reps, it's just a matter of time before other companies feel like they need to follow. Then the customer will push back and close the OR to reps all together.

I saw the same thing happen in pharma. It went from reps being an important source of information to being a burden and in the way. In 5 years I saw reps kicked out of most clinics. It had a lot to do with the type of reps that we're being hired, but it also had to do with the physician figuring out that they didn't need an overpaid delivery rep coming to their clinic every 3 weeks and telling them what to use.

Right now I have 10 Arthrex reps in my territory and in most cases they are just babysitting existing business. They are in the way, they are not helping, they are not making good money, and it's just a matter of time before other companies follow their lead.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that. I traveled to MN for a case earlier in the year with my company (not arthrex) and was surprised to see 7 arthrex reps in the same hospital. That's insane! Also reminded me of pharma model.