$$$ in 2014

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Jan 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ugh... Quit bitching and grow your business.

I'm a 5 year Arthrex guy.

Smith and nephew, mitek, Arthrex, linvatec, Stryker, biomet, parcus.

Quit your whining, pick up your phone and change your sales numbers.

Regardless a your percent. Sales is sales.

Sell shit and make commission. Stop being bitches!!!

You lazy fucks maker sick.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compared to other boards, I think Arthrex's posters have the lowest IQ of all the sites I have read.

WOW, go back to landscaping and stop lower the concept of medical sales reps!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice is build your resume here and move on to bigger and better things. Arthrex is not the place to make big money. There are some reps who are doing well (this is defined as low six-figure range) but gaining an opportunity to make that income (ie shaver/video/total joint) does not come around that often.

I will say take pride that you have worked for Arthrex - if u can be successful here, then you can do well in anything. Other ortho companies and jobs in other specialties (Medtronic, St Jude, Davol, etc) work much less than us and make so much more. But compared to our workload, their responsibilities are a joke.

For those of you content here, good for you. Maybe things worked out well for you. Some of us aren't so fortunate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love sales guys who say money isn't important. Arthrex guy the lonely Cayenne rep in your territory most likely makes more then you. Justify it how ever you want but that rep is most likely your financial superior.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated. It fits.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Arthrex used to let us make some $$ but Reinhold forces the Distributors to overhire and flood our market with many reps that dont know much. He is a success but is in a full "Let them eat cake mode now".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Fuehrer demands feet on the street from the distributors. He could care less about the impact or cost.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not likely. the use small time distributors for the most part and pay their direct people terribly. my brother worked for them. good products but tuff sale. arthrex wins this one through access. I don't like where our model is headed with adding more feet on the street and diluting the commission pot, but from a company point of view I'm sure they are thinking more about making a strong presence and making gains through volume rather than pricing. I've got one foot out the door, but it won't be to a company like cayenne with one or two products.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cayenne pays reps 15%, 20% on growth in my area. While access is challenging in accounts that are attempting to reduce vendors, the products are good and if you can get in some accounts where they are free to choose, you can do ok. I sell around $30000 a month, basically nothing by Arthrex standards, but adds around $6k to my income without much stress. I also sell for other companies and am independent. The goal is to make a good income without having to be under the microscope of a large greedy organization. Right now it is good, but the problem with the Cayennes of the world is they eventually get purchased by Stryker, S&N, Mitek etc. So no perfect solution here. It is a survival game in medical sales now. Keep your head on a swivel and always be looking for opportunities and build relationships with the competition, not walls.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does a successful Arthrex sales rep make?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

45-55k after paying all expenses

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked with Arthrex for almost 20 years. Times have changed with this business but there are still many sales reps making a great living. Every distributor pays their team differently, but the successful ones are fair to their reps. Lots of reps in our company have been here for 10+ years. They don't leave because they believe in Arthrex, their product line, and their distributor. It's not a bad company to work for.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I read this, I first thought good for this rep - he's had a good experience. But on second thought, this sounds like a distributor. Sure its not a bad gig when you're the one at the top raking it in while others work tirelessly chasing a pipe dream that's just not gonna happen.

As a rep, if it's good for you, ride it out as long as you can. Selling the bag here is fun, but the avg earnings are pathetic compared to our competitors - who only have a fraction of the business Arthrex does. Gain experience here and move on to a company that'll pay you better.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, commission will NEVER go back up....it will only continue to be sliced. I spoke with a Stryker sports rep yesterday and he makes 23%. I know what your thinking, Stryker sports. BUT they are paid very well and make great commission. Arthrex is not the place to be like it once was.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll take 23% Cover less cases and get paid more. No brainer

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm working 12-15 hours/day making shit money and spend 30% of my income in territory expenses. I get nervous when it comes time to pay the bills b/c I'm not sure there will be enough money in my account. And I'm told I should be grateful that I get to work here.

Our competitors selling just 1 category (Mitek sports, Storz video, Styrker joints etc) makes 3 times the average salary here. Yet we sell all of those products combined, work 3x as much, and make much less??? Does this sound strange to anyone else?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does not sound strange at all because your distributor is bending you over. There are many like this and most of them don't care about your needs. Most new distributors (and some old) are getting the 3 year contract "promising results" and won't deliver. They are taking the high commission and padding their pockets for when the axe comes to ride away into early retirement. There are no regulations by corporate how you are treated because Reinhold and Andy only care about one thing, hitting your number.

Not sure if Mitek is paying more these days, not around my area. Stryker joints are now getting 6% in the direct model and pricing goes down every year. Not really sure who pays well anymore, but what I can tell you is the days of 12-15% are gone. Good luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Stryker, love watching these posts about Arthrex reps not making enough money. This business is changing, and the days of Arthrex owning the orthopedic surgery center OR's are coming to an end...Stryker makes moves in this business on a monthly and quarterly basis. New products are being released faster than Arthrex, and they are quality products. SYK still has a ways to go, but they're working the plan every day both at corporate and in the field.

Not to even mention, the looming possibility of a SYK merger with SN. I have friends that work for Arthrex, and very few of them are "happy" with their current pay vs. hours worked ratio, AND lack of bennies.

Meanwhile, Schmiedlefarts continues to climb the ranks of the FORBES richest 400 folks in the galaxy.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha go f*ck yourself...stryker blows...Schmieding would kick Lobo's ass in arm wrestling, in a sales pitch, in a phonebooth ... anywhere on the map. and we take better roids than you