In Focus Call

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I heard...... The woman from HR that ran the call today, starts the call by saying "this is the new way of doing things, if you do not like it, this is not the company for you!" Paraphrased of course, but WOW, just WOW! Emotional intelligence must not be necessary for a degree in HR, or a job at BI in HR. Some people take themselves way too serious! B***h!?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was she from the motherland?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could it have been the zombie like cadaverous cutie that was rolling deep with Kelli D when they made their video announcement a couple of years back.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wasn't on the call, so enlighten me. What is the "new way of doing things" all about?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The MAG and Development Plan. There are several calls scheduled. Big deal to her, but the majority of of us could care less. HR is very detached from the field. How often do we even think about it unless it's due? Her comments sound demotivating and overkill! As long as I do my job, MAG is nothing more than PIA check the box exercise.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTW I was not on that call either. Just my opinion based on the email I read about it. I do my job, It doesn't matter how it gets documented. I think we all expect constant changes to our "computer work". It's the BI way....so what!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The MAG at BI will always be a joke as long as the manager has one pool of money to divide among reps. The manager will always be forced to give the reps he likes the least, pennies. The ones she likes the most will get the most dollars. And ratings will always be dictated by the money and not actual performance.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The MAG is top industry standard used to judge the weak from strong
    If MAG is difficult then you must be weak and therefore Little Money deserved

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I assume you’re replying to me as I posted above. I no longer work for BI. I make over $100k base. What do you make?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I made 100k when I first got into pharma 12 years ago. Worked for a biotech and came over here. If you come from the outside, they pay you top dollar. If you have been here slaving it out long term, they call it "salary compression" meaning you stay for the benefits (pension) and not the money so they don't pay you any more than they have to each year...you can leave here and in 1-3 years make that pension money up in base salary and sign on bonus and live for today..call HR and see what your benefit is after 10-20 years, it's not as much as you think. Plus you can take your 401k with you. I'm surprised to see so many long term employees here. You will never make more than 100k (very few do) for sales at this company. Even the executive reps received 1-3% raise because their base already was at the cap. If you like it here, stay. Ignore most of the stuff from top down and make your numbers. Don't falsify calls, put what you really did. You won't get fired for making less calls, but you will if you falsify them. it's a pretty good job and there's not a lot of pressure from top down. Rarely do we get sales numbers from the CBD so it's ok. Just try to be happy. Life's too short to complain about everything!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Slaving” ? Slaves had 100k salaries, PTO, and 401ks? Scary times

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong. Making less will also get one fired. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These times at BI bring longing for the good old days of BI.
    Times when POA meetings were great opportunities to network and truly practice our details and share insight
    Nowadays it’s Value through Intimidation unless of course you are one of the lucky ones who were taken to IPF or Oncology
    Rumor on the street says large molecule divisions will be gone by year end. Lilly laughs at us, CV is stroked out, and respiratory is out of breath. The future is pretty obvious

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The “good ole days” was all one color of men.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not so - Mr. Chapman would not agree with that. That’s not the case. There were some fantastic times with BI. I look back in amazement on how good we had it.
    Green sheets showing up in the mail along with a Selling Bits newsletter!
    Those were some great times

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re not in oncology or some other form of rare disease you’re basically a sounding board for your company dropping samples with little valuable knowledge to pass along. If you’re drug can be sold to a PCP this career is on life support.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you joking? If anything, we laugh at Lilly. They wouldn’t know what selling is if it bit them, hence layoffs.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all already forgot everything she said. I was on a call once where HR didn't even know what the HSBS or TBS acronyms stood for. We all operate in our own world.