Dismiss Notice
Links from our daily front page news are now being fed to this board. If you want to comment on any of the news articles, you can now do so there.


Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2004 at 12:45 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Stamford police say they have a suspect in 2002 murder

    By Eve Sullivan, Staff Writer
    Stamford Advocate, November 8, 2004

    STAMFORD -- On the two-year anniversary of the murder of Anna-Lisa Raymundo, police say they have a suspect.

    Police did not name anyone, but sources previously have named Sheila Davalloo, a Westchester County, N.Y., woman serving 25 years in prison for stabbing her husband.

    The Stamford Police Department's detective bureau put out a statement Friday saying they would like to update residents on the homicide investigation.

    "After an exhaustive investigation involving thousands of hours of police work and together with the assistance of the state's attorney's office, we have identified a suspect," the statement says. "In order to further this investigation, both this department and the Stamford-Norwalk state's attorney's office feel that it is necessary to complete further forensic testing before applying for an arrest warrant."

    Connecticut State Police Forensic Laboratory assured police the results will be available before the end of the year, the statement says.

    "The suspect's current location is known to us and we are quite sure that we will be able to locate the suspect when an arrest warrant is issued," the statement says.

    Police emphasize the suspect is "not a threat." Lt. John Forlivio, who released the statement, had no further comment.

    Raymundo, 32, was found beaten and stabbed to death in her upscale waterfront condominium on Harbor Drive on the afternoon of Nov. 8, 2002. She lived alone in the Palmer Landing condos. No witnesses have come forward.

    Raymundo was a Harvard University graduate who earned a master's degree from Columbia University and worked in the pharmaceutical industry. She worked at Purdue Pharma in Stamford for several years before taking a job at a company in New Jersey about a year before her death.

    It was at Purdue that she met her boyfriend, Nelson Sessler of Stamford, a research scientist whom family members said she planned to marry. Sessler left Raymundo's condo at 8:30 a.m. the day she was killed.

    At 12:19 p.m., police received an anonymous phone call from a woman at a pay phone at the nearby Duchess restaurant on Shippan Avenue. The caller said her neighbor was being attacked by a male, according to a search warrant obtained by police.

    Police went to the condo, found Raymundo's door unlocked, pushed it open and saw her body lying in the foyer. Signs of a violent struggle included glass fragments, debris and blood spatters.

    According to sources, Raymundo had a head injury and was stabbed almost 20 times. She had hair in her hand. A woman was spotted outside her condo that afternoon.

    In May 2003, police said the investigation was focusing on a woman who worked with Raymundo at Purdue and, since then, evidence has mounted against Davalloo.

    Davalloo was dating Sessler at the same time Raymundo dated him, when the three worked at Purdue. Sessler ended the relationship with Davalloo when things became more serious with Raymundo.

    Davalloo, of Pleasantville, N.Y., was counseled about her lingering feelings for Sessler in the months before the murder. On the afternoon of the murder, she was out for a long lunch.

    Two months after the killing, Davalloo resumed a relationship with Sessler. Two months after that, she stabbed her husband, Paul Christos, three times in the chest in what authorities called a plot to get him out of the way. Christos recovered from his wounds.

    Davalloo was convicted of attempted murder at a February trial in Westchester County Court.

    In April, she was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

    Stamford police compared a voice sample from Davalloo with the voice of the 911 caller who reported the killing. The results of that test were never released.

    In paradisum deducant te angeli!</font>
  2. yosef

    yosef New Member

    Mar 5, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Wow, it took the police 4 years to figure this one out? Rest in peace Anna-Lisa!
  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Rest In Peace Anna-Lisa.
  4. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Rumor has it that Purdue intentionally interfered with the progress of this murder investigation so as to keep their fine corporate name out of the limelight. I wonder what it's like to exist without a conscience.
  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Indeed.. And as of September of 2010, almost 8 years after the fact and 5 years after naming a suspect, the Connecticut DA in charge of this case has yet to set a calender date for Davalloo's trial. And even though they have solid forensic evidence tying Davalloo to the murder, they continue to do nothing to bring justice and closure to The Raymundo Family.

    Clearly, the Davallo murder was a heinous and insane crime. But, it looks like those in charge of delivering justice perhaps have their own criminal acts to answer for. Sttay tuned.
  6. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    PP and their reach goes very far. There are things that might come out in trial that will make PP "very uncomfortable" for want of a better word. Will there be justice for the Raymundo Family? Doubt it.
  7. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Connecticut has to wait until Sheila D. finishes her sentence in NY for attempted murder of her husband before proceeding. The Oxygen channel’s series Snapped covered this.
  8. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Did Sheila worked at sales?, If not at what department?
  9. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    No. She was employed as a research scientist. If you Goggle her, various info pops up. Details can also be found at Wikipedia
  10. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    She was probably a Clinical Research Scientist because there are no labs in Stamford...CRS are always on the road traveling so perhaps this is how she hooked with her co-worker
  11. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    The both worked at HO in Stamford.
  12. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    All three worked at the Stamford office.
  13. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    mind - blowing story
  14. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Sheila was a manager in WCDOS or BCDM depending on the year ... she was promoted many times in the few years she worked there. We are all waiting for closure.
  15. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Sheila was hired at PPLP to run the medical coding department within the Biometrics group. I know, I was there at the time. Very good at what she did, but always seemed to be in her own world. She did not socialize with anyone. During one odd exchange, I was in her office and she complained to me that someone her stolen her painting from her wall. There were two paintings which she herself had created, both horrible and picutres of horses. They looked like paint by numbers gone bad. This may seem like something that you might forget about but it left an idelible impression on me. The fact that anyone would want to steal her awful painting made me wonder about her. I almost got the impression she removed it herself to create some drama.

    This very odd woman was walking in our midst and all the while we had no idea how twisted she was.

    Someone is going to sit down with her and get a chance to find out how twisted her mind is, and a book about this whole awful tragedy will be written.

    I knew Lisa Raymundo (god rest her soul) as well as the horrifyingly deceived Nelson Nessler. Both were good friends at work and I played tennis with them on a weekly basis. Lisa was really good and a great competitor, and I miss her sense of humor and her vivacious approach to life.

    Snapped did part one..... it appears part two will take a little longer to go into production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.