INC + InVentiv

Discussion in 'INC Research' started by anonymous, May 10, 2017 at 8:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any thoughts or insider views on this one? INC stock has taken a hit and word is they have been price pointing all their work just to get business. Looks like they will be in control of the merger.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not another merger...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From news:
    Contract research organizations have benefited in recent years from the pharmaceutical companies' drive to cut costs, reduce clinical trial times and expand their research and development presence around the world.

The deal will expand the combined company's global presence in important geographies such as Asia/Pacific and specifically Japan, where there is significant opportunity for growth, INC Research and inVentiv said in a joint statement.

So all work will be going to India/Asia region as has been the trend at iVC?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

inVentive Health (IH) employees are unhappy about this merger. The culture at IH was the best of the CROs in the Research Triangle Park/North Carolina area. Data Managers had long retention times, from 5-25 years with middling between 12 and 18 years the average. Management was easy, relaxed. No frenetic personalities and certainly no iron hand rulers and inner circles like PPD, Parexel, Quintiles and yes, INC Research. IH employees, inclusive of management are defecting to their internal Pfizer Business Unit which will for the time being, be free of INCR direct influence on employees. Others are being re-aligned with INCR management.

INCR comes with a negative, years-sustained reputation centered on their Manager and Director-level antics. IH management were very supportive and collaborative with their direct reports. This is not the reputation that INCR brings with them. Time will tell, perhaps all too quickly, if the wonderful working environment and quality of life enjoyed by all at IH will take a downturn, disrupting the long-held retention of employees whose loyalty rested with IH for so many years.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did you spell InVentiv wrong (sic InVentive) if you're a long-term employee?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A common comment that can be heard from legacy iVH employees is, that they feel that they are not wanted in the NewCo

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey what about the rumor that INC only bought inVentiv to avoid being bought themselves by LabCorp

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One word...TOXIC is an accurate description ot the worm environment

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have worked at major CROs and the toxic culture described here is real. CROs exist to make money and protect the upper level employees. I started working at Inventiv recently and noticed a major difference in how I have been treated as opposed to the other CROs. I have been real happy so far. I hope it can last a while...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A miss on first earnings call. Was it really cancellations and advertising or something bigger?