India- Why are American jobs moved?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Jul 7, 2019 at 11:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can companies legally take jobs away from Americans?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me get this. You want to buy everything cheaper from Amazon & WalMart (manufactured in China/India/Bagladesh) but when your job is on the line you are questioning if it’s legal for US companies to move jobs overseas?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are one messed up creep. You are insulting people whose job is on the line. You are insulting people who will have no income for mortgage, children’s education, health expenses and elderly care. These are much much more expensive than the countries you are referring. Irrespective of race, color and religion this will affect every American. The cheap buys you are referring to are not necessarily of high quality.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would prefer to buy 'made in the USA' but it is difficult to find anything with this label and I would certainly not trust any pharmaceuticals made outside of the USA.
    Moving jobs to other countries should be met with penalties and/or higher taxes.
    Just my 2 (American) cents.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many drugs, branded and unbranded are manufactured outside the US

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True and it is a pity.
    I check labels and try to avoid these potentially contaminated poisons.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys really have no understanding of how globalization works do you?

Yes. Jobs will move overseas for as long as you want to have cheap goods manufactured abroad. You can close shut your economy if you’d like and manufacture TVs for 3.000$ a piece and iPhones for 2.500$ a piece. Then you can have all the American jobs you’d like.

And if you think that your drugs are manufactured in the US then you are utterly stupid. They are made in France, Switzerland, Singapore and Germany countries with equal or higher standards of quality than the US.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have no idea of how life works. If only the global drug prices and health facilities were available here, the French, Swiss, Germans, Japanese, Indians, Chinese whatever is out there would not be minting money. The price of drugs in the US is over the top. Do you enjoy living off dock people in America? Globalization works by manufacturing outside and fooling Americans into buying at higher prices. You can abuse your men, women and children into accepting menial jobs so the few can mint profits off America. Go away. Do what you do. Copy off everything without innovation and mint profits off sick people.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should Vas be taking the salary of 10 million when he chooses to lay off so many productive Americans and outsource to India and China? Hope the FDA audits all overseas sites rigorously.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Of course foreigners steal your job, but maybe, if someone without contacts, money, or speaking the language steals your job, you're shit." ~ Louis C. K.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are on Koolaid

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“America’s a family. We all yell at each other. It works out” - Louis C. K.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salaries should be capped at 2 million. No one needs more than that.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, anyone who deserves to earn that much money (10 million) should be able to cure diseases via performing miracles.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hell you say.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This guy who has no idea on how to handle a patient wants to now canoodle with young people. Of course young people have the energy and drive but they do not have the ability to analyze and make decisions. They do not have the ability to see the larger picture. They are also gullible and can be easily manipulated by sweet talks. They can demean, insult people and destroy a person without understanding the repercussions. This is perfect for this guy who is spinning in circles himself. Young people get older and wiser. Older people in today’s times do not lack the ability to be less energetic. Do not generalize. Younger people can be lazy, lack motivation, lack many of life skills unless they are built or groomed with inherent motivation, drive, interests and intelligence and that never leaves them even if they get older. There always must be a balance. Get that! Companies must think of older people because the life span is increasing and you cannot have every one on a state supported system. Come up with unique ideas to employ 65 plus to 72 years.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As an older person, my advice would be to not only take pictures with the younger generation but support them. Their lives are made or destroyed by the support they receive or lack thereof. Many of these careers will be ruined in 10 years times when they will no longer be perceived as young. They need Right direction without back stabbing or pushing them out unceremoniously. Only great leaders can lead the young and there are not many in NVS.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Supporting the young is great advice. I was personally fortunate to have worked with older, respectful professionals when I started in pharma. These older individuals were treated with respect by the company. It is a challenge now to support younger colleagues whilst being pushed out the door and having your job moved to India. This sends the message to the young
    - "Don't be loyal to your employer, they are not going to be loyal to you." And don't bother respecting older employees.....they are disposable.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed but the leadership is supporting lack of work ethics in millennials. They are actually appreciating that millennials don’t like to work longer hours and like to work from home which should be recognized. I laughed my eyes out. What? Others didn’t want to work from home? They were not allowed to. They were not allowed to care for their families and sick or women could not even think of pregnancy. Now it’s like let’s party. Hire vendors and we can just party. They are forgetting that in this small world made even smaller by the internet, other countries can easily and will take over. The US will lose its place if they keep on pushing work to the back burner and pulling useless values and behavior to the front. You don’t need to work. Just be quiet and kiss ass. No one can say anything anymore and it is impossible to work well without speaking your mind and sometimes showing frustration. It is important to be professional but the direction is moving towards something unreasonable in terms of work. The executive directors don’t work. They smile, shake hands and party and support the millennials to not work.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, look in your own backyard and policies before blaming other countries.