Info on job sharing/ part time

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondered if anyone can give me any information on the part time "Job share" positions at Forest. (Serious replies only please....) I know the job posts say two 8 hour days per week, but it also goes on to list company car, etc. and wondered if the part time reps get a company car, or if anyone knows how the job share works.
    Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NO car, and these listings are made to make the current reps in the territory nervous, there is no intent to hire job shares, it is a tactic used by sen. mang. to stir the feathers and instill fear to the current reps who have low numbers due to managed care.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

part time reps are usually split 60/40, meaning the 40% rep does get a car but NOTHING else

no health insurance, no 401k, no benefits at all except company car

you will be required to attend a full week meeting or POA even if you are part time

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One response says you do get a car and the other states you do NOT. Can someone please be the tie breaker and clear this up. Do you get a 40% of the total bonus and what would the base salary be like. Thanks in advance for a response.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you even consider getting involved with Forest at this time. If you read any posts or talk to any reps you will find out this a miserable organization. Unprofessional, uneducated and untalented management, use any tactic to get MD's to RX, Managed by fear and intimidation. Nothing but stress and anxiety. And with the current record of firing so many reps why do think job share would be a good place to be? Most likely no benefits and you still have the same amount of B/S to deal with from management and your partners. Look for a real job in another industry. If you want part time then find a real part time job, the days of this being a great place to be because it's flexible or easy are long gone.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is NO car, and you can expect 1200-1400 in bonus, tons of puffing of the chest from the pod mates and loser used car ex enterprise car reps and Ikon office solutions, copier salesmen. There is no benefit to part time like at real pharma companies and you will only make 22K in base. You are better off working at a clinic or Walmart or even a home depot or pottery barn. At least at those places people know their limitations and their education levels, forest is a big smoke and mirrors phony act full of ditch diggers and humps who were booted from previous companies or could not get through their interview requirements with GPA background checks and references. Forest notorious hires the "sledge" from other pharma outfits, they pick up the bottom because they know they can boss around and dictate these types more easily and will not be challenged. All of the posts on this board are true and Crystal clear.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if the job share position in Buffalo has been filled? I know folks have discouraged getting involved with this company but if you need a job you need a job right?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

part time pay-full time grief!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone let me know . If filled then case is closed. Thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if the position has been filled in New York or not, but I can tell you from first hand experience that job share at this company is NOT a true part-time job. Most of what has already been posted is true, unfortunately. I was the 60% person and I worked my ASS off just like I was still full time. Because I was the 3 day a week person, the rest of the team always called ME about everything (and there was definitely some chest puffing as mentioned above). Managers didn't care if you were part time or not they still expected you to be "on the clock" all the time. Job share reps were always blamed if numbers were down, or anything at all in the territory was wrong. It was a full time job at part time pay. If it is your ONLY option, then I guess go ahead, but I have to tell you if you are thinking of doing this for work life balance, then DON'T DO IT WITH THIS COMPANY. There ARE part time gigs out there that are AMAZING. They may be hard to find, but they ARE out there. I wish I could give you better news, but I want to save you the effort if you have another option :(

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a different view on the job-share at Forest. I AM one of the 40% people and you do get a car, but no benefits. this job is an excellent choice for someone who wants to stay in Pharma but not full time. I do NOT have the issues with my partners that others have mentioned, but I'm sure that varies with territories, as far as the company is concerned, I have worked at 4 other big pharma companies and agree with some of the posts regarding Forest hiring "Enterprise Rental agents", and they do not believe in high salary. I however find Forest's Black and white approach to things, and even though they are the cheapest company I have ever worked for, they operate in the black and have not had to lay people off. Working 8 days a month I made around 50K with bonus last year, so who would complain, and I have a life now. Good Luck

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be one of the most honest posts on the this board.....