Info on the Quintiles sales assessment?

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know if former Quintiles reps have to take the assessment again. If you have taken it within the last year, do you have to take it for each contract interview?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not have to take it if you have taken it within the last year.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great informaiton.
    I took it monday, called my recruiter yesterday and she said f2f next week,
    So..f2f week of the 13th, then they need to have offers out and people hired by 25th right?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hasanyone in KY been contacted? Also does anyone have the recrutiers name for KY? Thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paris Stalsys, Lexington, KY

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JUST TOOK SALES ASSESSMENT TEST - and guess what, I did not score high enough. Ok so what does that mean? It took only an hour to hear back from recruiter. I took a very similar test yesterday and passed with flying colors. I did not change how I would answer situational questions or questions about my personality as pertains to the workplace. I have 10+ years as a Sales Professional and/or Manager, though not in Pharm Sales. The recruiter for their part thought I was a nice fit and commented to that effect when calling to give me the bad news. I did not take the news personally - I took it professionally. I will make 2 points and leave it at this: (1) Assessment Tests are not right/wrong - if you are honest you can fail - or - pass. I can only assume based on my responses that this company wants a rep that can be, in some form or another, micro-managed from afar. I personally believe in allowing some room for independence on a sales team. Good reps build and nurture a consultative selling approach & genuinely care about the client's needs and concerns to form a longterm professional relationship. I believe you need a solid sales rep who is knowledgeable, confident, can make decisions, ethical, trustworthy, works well with others, responds in a timely manner to inquiries, and closes deals. That's me! Sad in this situation because I have a huge healthcare/pharm client base in place from my past sales positions. (2) The recruiter who called me was 10 mins late to my phone appointment - I called in on time and called back 3x to see if they remembered my phone interview. I waited another 5 mins for a callback. That was ok and I let it go. HOWEVER, they interrupted our phone interview 2x to take other calls. Now that sent up a red flag to me right away. But I still took the assessment and voila! Here we are. So was it a good thing that I did not pass? You be the judge. I respect companies that respect my time and are courteous to all job applicants. Good luck to those moving forward with this company. I thought it would have been a nice fit personally. But that's just how the cookie crumbles.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I personally believe in allowing some room for independence on a sales team. Good reps build and nurture a consultative selling approach & genuinely care about the client's needs and concerns to form a longterm professional relationship."

Unfortunately, although you are exactly right, this is not what pharma companies are looking for these days.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to agree. I have spoken to and interviewed with a few Quintiles individuals that I was not very impressed with. Late for meetings, uninformed about products and some even lacked basic understanding of industry resources. I also don't get the assessment live or die rule. Any manager(especially since they require previous Pharma Mgt experience) worth working for would be able to identify candidates for fit in the interview. My thoughts are that the assessment are just a billing tool for the company and if they lose top candidates so be it, because the pool is full.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree, having worked both sides of the fence. Years of top performing pharma sales experience, highly educated, business savvy, etc. etc.; also, when in between jobs , actually did the phone assessment gig for one of the outsourcing companies used for this nonsense. So college degree not required, pharma exper not required, sales exper not required for this gig; it's just either a temp job or you are already working for the company and they throw this at you to make some extra money. They send you a booklet to review, explaining what the job is, how to ask the questions, how to score the answers (when I did it was scale of 1-5 so totally subjective on part of interviewer) and it's all heavily scripted. I then just recorded my "evaluation", circling whatever number IN MY OPINION was appropriate in each subject's booklet, then mailed them back to the company to finalize. It's pathetic really; nobody having to put up with this should ever for a second feel nervous, stressed, disappointed because in the long run it's TOTALLY MEANINGLESS AND HAS NO RELEVANCE TO YOUR TALENTS/PERFORMANCE FOR THIS JOB!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's really nothing more than an exercise in mental masturbatory procedures and totally worthless.