Initial interview

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Apr 17, 2017 at 2:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got an initial call to start the interview process. If I haven't heard from the recruiter I dealt with in a couple weeks is it safe to say I I am no longer in the running? Will I be notified that I haven't been selected? I very interested and excited about the position, I would just like to know if it's no longer a possibility. Any info would be great!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, the intitial process to dig up dirt must have eliminated you from the start. People get turned down just from appearance of their Facebook page. You might be to clean also if everything looks to perfect. Try starting with a small company, easy to get into industry from their and you can learn in a short time where the easy money is. The long and dumb way into the industry is through the Stryker process.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took the video questionnaire. Not sure if that was enough. As well wasn't sure if I should send a follow up email to the recruiter. Was hoping to at least hear if I am going to move forward in the process or they are no longer looking at me. Not sure if Stryker notifies you or kind of leaves you hanging.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#FAKE NEWS

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also I did send a follow up email and haven't heard anything back. I know typically the rule of thumb is to stick to communicating via email, but was wondering if a phone call after a few more days would be appropriate.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also..... Good or bad idea to try and connect with the recruiter on LinkedIn? As you can tell I'm extremely interested but don't want that to look bad and to pushy. But also very eager to hear something.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who's the dude answering themself ?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That would be me

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is it acceptable to call the recruiter you stared with to touch base?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You don't know to follow up or are you just Lonesome and need someone to talk to ?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are some many people on this site a-holes. This is my first time applying to a company of this magnitude and a lot of sites say to absolutely not call. Wasn't sure if Stryker operates like most companies. And am I lonely? Your the one posting on a forum making fun of a stranger at 11:30 at night.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^ CELLAR DWELLER ^^^

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who told you not to call? What's the downside to inquiring about your status? Afraid to be pushy or persistent? Welcome to sales my friend. I would be all over them. Sometimes recruiters/ hiring managers try to simulate the sales cycle with the hiring process. If you want the job, keep contacting them until they provide an update. Good luck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you can't take the chatter from this site then you definitely have been eliminated from Stryker's process. You will get eaten alive, go apply at arthrex. Easy in, spend a year or 2 then find your payday company once you understand the industry. Best advice you'll get here. Now buzz off.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[QUOTE=", go apply at arthrex. Easy in, spend a year or 2 then find your payday company once you understand the industry. Best advice you'll get here. Now buzz off.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^^. Get a little income while you learn the business. Usually comes with a territory that allready has accounts so you jump in and go.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes- it's just a recruiter, call, email do both, connect with other reps on LinkedIn show some tenacity. If you want a sales job, you have to go after it, and get yourself to where they can't tell you no.