Input???

Discussion in 'Pfizer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, Sep 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking into a position with PAH. Availability due to retirement (which is a good sign). How is the atmosphere here? Tired of the BS oh human pharma - not being able to see clients, simply dropping samples, NOT selling. I do have a B2B background and miss the more direct sell. This sounds like a great option to stay in the medical field but actually get to do my job. Women medical device reps are unheard of in my area. Is this the next best thing? How is access with vets compared to pharma? Any serious help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Access is better and you do sell more. Problem is that PAH has been hiring more and more human reps as sales people and almost all of the new managers (ASMs and up to President of US) is from human. Their human background has turned things for the worse and we're very quickly becoming human type reps with human rep BS and micromanagement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry to hear that. Looking for a change and prepared to work hard. But don't want to make a lateral move. Thanks for your input - very much appreciated.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it would not be a lateral

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious how it is on the other side of Pfizer. I am with Pfizer on the human side but am interested in PAH. Is the culture similiar (micromanaged, bonuses hard to achieve, always working, no family life)? I heard it was different but wanted to hear it from people who actually work here. Thanks

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont take this the wrong way, but honestly we already have enough Pfizer human people invading PAH like a stage 4 cancer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I respect that. Thanks for your answer. However, what would you say to my question about culture. I appreciate it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I have never worked in human health but I can say that it is not bad over here. We have great prodcuts, good leadership, and the reps have the ability to run theri own territories. In todays day and age, very good.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not necessarily the norm...there are many micromanagers on this side of the business. If you come and work for PAH you'll have to dodge landmines just like the human side. I say you're looking at half and half. Plus there are a lot of new leadership from the human side who knows nothing about animal health. I can say my manager is a micromanaging ass and no one works hard for him.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did they bring in a lot of new leadership from the human side who know nothing about animal health? Do they have a better way of managing?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe that Pfizer wants to run everything the same way as their "core" business. This is why Ian Read is looking to sell PAH because he doesn't want to stray away from Pfizer's core business and he knows that the human side has no idea how to run the animal side.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's too much uncertainty right now with PAH... if you have a job on the human side I would stick with it until this "sell off" thing is done with. I know positions don't come that often but are you willing to take the chance your position gets eliminated after two months on the job?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate your honest feedback. There is a TON of uncertainty over here, too. Great point about job elimination. I am fearful of that over her, too! Good luck to you!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know there is a lot of uncertainty due to Ian Read's statements but I just wanted to see what everyone thought about this division. I am with Pfizer on the human side and just wanted to see if this division is any better. Thanks

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. It's leadership is from the human side.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it as micromanaged as we are? Reports, threats, hard to hit bonus, etc.....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That just about sums it up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does not sum it up at all. It is relatively easy to hit 100% (28K). In fact, quite a few people hit 105%. There are problems sure, but not that bad if you have thick skin.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree... some years it can be very easy to hit your numbers.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm. I know there are obviously people who hit their number, but it is not a slam dunk. I don't think hitting numbers with any company is a slam dunk anymore.