Insider selling stock

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going on with Mark Currie selling the majority of his stock?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quitting while he's ahead

Preparing for plecanatide launch

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An insider automatic stock sale is a plan (often called a 10b-5 plan) that provides that an insider will trade shares automatically in amounts and on dates set forth in the plan. It could be "sell 1,000 shares every Friday" or it could be very complicated (e.g. "sell 1,000 shares if the price hits $10 and the trading volume is at least 100,000 shares"). The reason for it is because insiders often can't sell because they have insider information. Trading with inside information is illegal. But by having an automatic plan, the insider is not trading on inside information (the trade is automatic and will happen regardless of any inside knowledge).

Or maybe he doesn't want to go to jail for insider trading. Keep it up with the plecanatide stuff though, always comical.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally get the automatic selling of stock to avoid insider trading but why so much at one time? Seems a little fishy to me...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nonsense. outright lies, as easily proven by checking the Nasdaq website. Number of shares he owns (310000) hasn't changed according to the Insider listing (see link below). Currie's sales are automatic sales, they're option executions on an automatic sale plan. If you had looked him up on the IRWD website, you would know he's been with the company since 2002. options expire after a certain time, so at some point, they have to be executed.

instead of wasting your time with dimwit posts, you should read up on institutional ownership of IRWD (>95%) and ponder that for a while....

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/irwd/insider-trades

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Served.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid is as stupid does. Obviously you don't totally get the automatic selling of stock concept because if you did you would realize that the amount of stock options/grants etc are pre-determined.

Keep waiting on that bus stop Forrest.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One insider sold 26 mil shares this year. I am sure that was his entire position.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bryan , look it up.

I don't care if they sell just pointing it out. Jack

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More inside selling at $15, unless all that stock gets cleared out never going to break out.
    Over 1 mil sold once again.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nonsense

nonsense. when will you ever learn?

dude, at least post lies that are not so easily disproven - people can easily check the NASDAQ website:

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/irwd/insider-trades

and there you see that net sales of insider shares over the last 3 mo period are ~ 163,000. by the looks of it, probably all automatic option plan executions (options expire after a certain period, so they have to be executed)

if your health insurance covers psychotherapy benefits, by all means, take full advantage of them in the new year !

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol that guy got owned!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About 570,000 shares sold since Jan 2105. Look it up jack yahoo insider selling.
    Yes it maybe options that the 10 year period is up, but they could have bought the stock and held , they choose to cash out.
    Isn't it interesting that every time it hit $15-16 a new wave of selling from insiders comes in.
    I am just saying if the insiders saw this has a $30 stock why would they not hold ? Just a question.
    Not only is there a -26% net insider sell , I do not see a lot of buys! let me clarify no buys.
    I work for Ironwood and love the company but a little concerned about the continue insider selling over the past two years. I understand they are getting some if their money that they invested out but it seems like a lot. Would like to see some buys mixed in there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did not get owned, you have clue on what you are saying.
    Go to yahoo finances insider selling, learn something.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see in June all the directors and Tom got 16,000 for zero dollars.
    Not bad, we borrow 300 mil because we are not turning a profit, and the company gives away shares.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of selling at $14, then crash now $10. Seems higher ups new about the bond that the company needed to sell to pay for their salaries. It is funny that the company is running out of money yet they hire more inside help, why?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you get some balls and turn them into the SEC, tough guy?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

great answer, ironwoodie. It is a post don't take it so hard, stop crying count your linzess samples.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not taking anything hard. Tired of pussies like you that talk shit and can't back shit up. You got a problem, take it to the SEC, pussy.