Inspect every instrument for "wear" before wrapping? Pure Insanity!

Discussion in 'Zimmer' started by anonymous, May 27, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like I have nothing better to do than make up for the fact someone in Warsaw has obviously really pissed off the FDA..........

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's such a blatant and obvious move to dish off liability for poorly manufactured instruments to us in the field.

By doing this, they think they can just point to us and tell the lawyers, "don't blame us, we told the Reps to check for worn instruments......".

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd be interested in knowing if this same policy applies to our competitors, or is this just a Zimmer Biomet issue?

If so, I'd have to infer DD et al live in fear of the FDA.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree, however I'm sure it will be standard policy throughout the industry soon. If they start with us, they put a 35% dent in converting the market.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Purely a Zimmer Biomet thing.
    Good luck doing that every night

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We haven't got the time or even the ability to do this. Anyone really think a SPD will sit around waiting for the Rep to come by and look over the instruments? Gimme a break.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No kidding, for 20 bucks SPD will do whatever you ask. This shouldn't affect you at all l...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I assume you are either kidding, trolling, a competitor or a moron. Pay off an HCP? You're going to jail for that sort of thinking..........

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Said the corporate gentleman who sits in the office and collects 6 figures off our hard work. BTW, thinking and doing are separate entities, but yep $20 should suffice.
    Another legal question then, what if we pick up shipping costs as part of business i.e.-loaners. Isn't that paying an HCP too?
    Why can't that dish washer be a consultant with a $20 pay for their legitimate work....it is legitimate. All that should be needed is a paper contract right?
    Corporate guy ease up, we r f'ing w/you!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man...are all reps as whiney as you guys? Suck it up Mary...Inspect the damn instruments for patient safety sake. Do your husbands whine this much?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So post #10, you are clearly the epitome of a box-opening-laser-pointing tool. Listen up punk, you're supposed to be Sales Reps, not an instrument and box baby sitter.

Then again, you might be nothing more than a case manager, aka, Surgeon-wanna-be.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"punk" - ooh, don't scare me like that.

Nope, not a rep. I'm in Quality.

Just stop your whining, shut your pie hole and do your damn job.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"I'm in Quality" = Tool.

Given the state of Warsaw's "quality" over the past few years, an incompetent Tool

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Incompetent" is being generous. If the losers in QC were any good we wouldn't have to spend hours and hours every week cleaning up recalls and their manufacturing messes. QC at ZB is a joke.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe they should consider stop making all the instruments in China!! Nothing more embarrassing when a instrument breaks and the surgeon sees made in China. It's pathetic Zimmer Biomet is one of the cheapest companies out there