Insys taken off resume?

Discussion in 'Insys Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Curious, but I left Insys a few years back and have had a decent pharma gig since then, but might it be a good idea to remove this short stint (16 months) with Insys off my resume. I am looking again as it feels like its time to move on to my next opportunity. It seems no one will even give me a look, due to all the negativity around this horrible company's past. I wasn't part of all the illegalities, but this position from my past is really haunting me and probably in the eyes of future employers. Thanks for any honest feedback.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Inys won’t hurt you no more than Purdue has hurts it’s reps. If anything, employers are intrigued by how you have overcome adversity and how well you did to fight perceptions in a tough opioid market.

I am not an Inys employee, but have a lot of friends over there. Overcoming Obstacles is one of the main qualities a successful sales professional needs to demonstrate. By all means, keep Inys on your resume.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would anyone seek job search counsel here?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It also shows you have a strong business acumen and were a good decision maker. Keep it on the resume. It will help an employer make an easy decision

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It shows you worked for the most corrupt company ever.
    Be proud!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you had been part of the corruption you would have been indicted by now right. Don't worry. Most people haven't even heard of Insys.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just ask “Tight Suit” Toni how it’s been working out form him as he’s been interviewing the last two years...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

US World Meds hires a lot of people from your company they like the off label sales experience

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insys Strong!

Mallinckrodt loves the off label experience as well

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you worked for insys “a few years back”. Guess what? YOU worked for them during their most corrupt time. I worked at a competing company and watched while Insys paid, fucked and sucked their way to the top of a me-too market. I’m thrilled you ALL are tainted. And I’m still laughing

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, most on this forum are current disgruntled or past disgruntled employees, cynical and/or scared. Difficult to get a serious reply.
    Keep it on. Best to be honest than to have it crop up on a background check. Then it will appear you may be hiding something other than the embarrassment of having worked for the company. If you have nothing to hide, then you can explain the reason for your leaving.
    Not sure how many years pharma you have, but I recently left and found a great opportunity keeping Insys on my resume- I am also getting numerous inquiries weekly from recruiters. Granted, I joined Insys after all the garbage had taken place, but I don't think it's been a black stain (for me, anyway.)
    In the end, it comes down to the quality of the individual. True, there may be employers out there who will not consider anyone from Insys, but many more will be willing to look past this and make a decision based on the quality of the candidate.
    Most folks on this thread may be too insecure, unqualified, ignorant or "dirty" to provide a qualified answer- best to ignore them.
    Hope this helps.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent advice. Best of luck in the New Year,

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very true. Joining Insys tells a lot about your business acumen and insight. It also shows you weren't desperate for a job. Keep it on the resume. it will help the interviewer make the right decision.