Intercept

Discussion in 'Intercept Pharma' started by anonymous, Apr 25, 2017 at 5:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Contacted by a recruiter re launch. The job description says mid career. I have 16 years with specialty hospital buy and bill etc. $125k plus for base salary. Standard bonus. Sound right? Culture?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve heard base salaries are in the 140-140k range. Maybe ask for a little more bud.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

140-150k that is

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure 16 years in the industry is considered mid-career. I interviewed and was congratulated for my “long career in pharma”. No Offer, but Good Luck.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To those who continue to ask about the culture, opportunity etc consider this. The commercial team that joined this company 4 years ago for the opportunity to launch a drug for Nash is almost nonexistent. Every manager is gone, over half the sales team is gone and countless others in various departments. With the recent filing, you would think if this was a good place to be there would have been a much better retention rate.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glassdoor and indeed and this site all have given Intercept a poor rating in terms of employee satisfaction. I have applied for the NASH job in my area and would like
    To learn more about it and how the company plans on expanding their pharmacy distribution. Most large institutions and hospitals have their own 340B specialty pharmacy and will require the drug go through their pharmacy not intercepts mandated pharmacies. Also - how this drug is priced is critical - NASH is a lower income socio economic demographic and will be at least a 60% or more Medicaid sector. If you price the drug too high formularies won’t cover it and if they do it will
    Be limited to F4 in the beginning. Price it right and allow drug to go through any pharmacy and the Fscores may be wide open. Obstacles will be to lose weight first as a step
    Edit I’m sure. Concerned this company will price too high and as the next gen comes out - they’ll be abandoned. All
    This will
    Depend on FDA approval of
    Course....

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiting has begun for the new NASH treatment. Is the culture still as toxic as described in all of the previous threads or is this just a few people that are voicing this opinion?

Any chance the culture is improving with the prospect of the NASH indication?

Would love to bring this treatment to market but want to avoid a toxic environment and the big pharma mentality of “more calls and hours” for the reps will equal higher profits”. Looking for an environment that embraces highly skilled, clinical reps that are trusted and given some autonomy to move their business and not a company who wants a monkey to follow a script and believe that more calls equals better sales.

Looking for an honest, real opinion (from one good rep who knows the pains of being stifled by big pharma mentality to another).

Thanks in advance for your time and honesty!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

toxic culture remains and has left most people ... misérable

Do you hear the people itch?
    Itching until their skin turns red.
    They were prescribed a medication
    That has left some people dead.

When the share price on your stock,
    Equals the gas price at the pump.
    Time to move on and find a new job somewhere else

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you prefer a culture where an incompetent dictator promotes incompetent yes-men “leaders” who won’t disagree with him, then ICPT is the place for you.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This may be the most accurate post here-bravo!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Intercept hire sales reps directly as well as employ CSO contract reps with Syneos? I noticed a posting on both websites for the same territory and wanted to know if they are different postings or are they the same. Basically just asking if there will be a full time employee with Intercept as well as a CSO from Syneos. If so, what is the difference in pay/benefits if these are different openings in the same territory?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They keep reposting these jobs or are have they not been filled? So frustrating....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will these be stand alone territories or a pod format?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I understand it will be 2 Intercept Reps and 1 Syneos Rep in most territories.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How about car choices? Or is it a alliwance?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone get invited to or book airfare yet for the Dallas hiring blitz? Expected to hear something by now.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I am going this week. 10/30/19 interview. Anyone hear more on base salary range?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes... What is the salary range for direct and salary range for Syneos? Company car for both, I assume?