interest in MOMENTA PHARMA

Discussion in 'Par' started by Anonymous, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors that Par is very interested in momenta since momenta has exciting prospects in biosimilars and par has no biosimilar program

Momenta has $400m in cash and no debt so the buyout comes cheap and par gets a strong footprint in biosimilars and other generics that are very profitable

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep on dreaming. Par has it's hands full with the 2 dogs it purchased last year. There is no interest in Momenta.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure makes alot of sense as right now we have NO biosimilar program! WE should dump the strativa division and make that prudent strategic move to get into biosimilars right now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does make sense to dump the Strativa division with Rick and Adam. This is the only chance of saving the company

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure does but does pat have the guts? The future on generics is in biosimilars and we have no program sad to say

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Buying Momenta would be a highly strategic long-term investment. If Par were a private company, they could do this without a problem. As a public generic co however, there is too much emphasis on quarterly earnings. If anything, Momenta should buy Par. Momenta's shareholder base understands the dilutive nature of clinical trials. Also, Craig Wheeler is far more capable than Pat Lepore. Craig and Paul campanelli would make a great CEO/COO tandem, probably the strongest team in the industry. What a phenomenal platform for the future. Par/Anchen on the small molecule side, Strativa/Momenta on the biosimilar front. Strativa's front end will be needed to promote biosimilars. I know they've taken a beating for their mistakes, but that infrastructure in oncology has huge value for Momenta's mabs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good post. The longer par waits, the more costly the buyout becomes. If not par, other suitors including baxter emerge. Time is running out for par to remain an independent company and the future for the employees turns bleak.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I usually read this board for amusement. This has to be the only credible post i have ever read on this board. No stock pumping, no false promises of a buyout, just an honest opinion, backed by a rationale evaluation of the company's strengths and weaknesses. Kudos to the author.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Par needs a footprint in biosimilars, the future in the generic space

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a joker, but no one laughs

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AD needs to go... FIRE HIM ALREADY

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So much so should i sell prx and trade for mnta???

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Baxter and Novartis have interest in Momenta and you should hope one of them follows through with the acquisition.

Par just closed on Edict and doesn't know what to do with it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You nailed it that there are multiple suitors including par and momenta's days are numbered.Baxter has a thread on the momenta buyout so that day is near. The savvy should take notice

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE have and we will! amen!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Back to the amusement from this board... there is no infrastucture with Strtiva. Are you kidding me? Thats funny, I mean really funny! WE should dump this dead horse, starting to stink. If someone around here would grow testicles, a year from now everyone would be speaking of how smart that move was. What a stratigic disolution of Par's interest.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes indeed as momenta is severely undervalued and fills a growing void as par has no biosimilar program

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

while par flounders with the failed strativa investment

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Par needs to get into biosimilars in a big way and quickly!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The knock on par is sustaining profitability long term. Biosimilars are the future and par has no irons in that fire. The purchase on momenta would propel us to the front of the list in that cutting edge generic space. Will Pat act before baxter labs that is the question?