Interested in a job...

Discussion in 'Benco Dental' started by anonymous_bandit, Aug 5, 2018 at 3:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Hi everyone, I found a job posting for a Territory Rep, in my area (NJ) and as the title says I'm interested on it. I have worked in a sales capacity for about 18 months (not in dental), but the position says they would prefer someone with 2 years experience.

Any chance I could still be considered? Any advise going into the dental business? Are Benco's benefits as good as they claim. Also, anything worth mentioning about this region?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry about the experience. If you want the job sell yourself. The benefits are that good. Great company, but like any there's challenges. Its what you make of it.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have a pulse and can carry on a good conversation you have a shot as this is not a desirable position. Keep in mind these really aren’t sales jobs as much as they try to paint the picture that they are. It’s a customer service job burdened with tedious busy work. If you are a true sales type person I would suggest an alternate industry or look more towards equipment on the manufacturers side. It’s getting much harder to earn a living in dental and the hours necessary are very long and generally frustrating. The odds are weighed heavily against new reps that anyone makes it past 1-2 years. Us folk who have been around a while love when a new rep comes in and runs around like crazy trying to pick up a handful of customers. Then you leave as your marketing the equivalent of $15/ hr for time spent and the tenured reps get any worthwhile accounts that you may have. NY/NJ extremely extremely competitive.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is 100% accurate. 98% chance you will be looking for a new job within a year. Push them hard on the salary, more than likely they will offer a salary in the $50s but they will pump you and say you can earn much more with commission that will never happen.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The benefits ain't "that" good. Not sure what parallel reality you live in, but there IS better out there.

Like the other guys say, it's not so much a sales job, is more of a glorified field-based customer service job. Don't let them lowball you on pay, don't let them sell you on the beatitudes of the "flexibility" and "work/life balance" and the "profit share" and all that BS. At the end of the day it is about money. And the NY Metro area is competitive (and expensive) on itself, so make sure you get paid.