Interventional Account Manager vs Account Executive

Discussion in 'Hologic' started by anonymous, Dec 10, 2018 at 2:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looking at openings, can anyone list the differences between the 2? Products, territory size, pay etc.. Thank you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no Interventional Account Manager any longer. The Account Executive is a blend of the Interventional and Imaging rep...selling all products in a smaller territory.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok, were people let go during this shift? or were new territories created? Is it a bad time to get in at hologic?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

smaller territories...so no and no.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We'll see how this plays out. 2 very different skill sets between selling disposables and capital...but I don't think they really understand this yet.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

realistic at 100% plan earnings? What are we talking about for this position?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$260k-$270k at plan

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a chance

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$260k-$270k is the at plan compensation - whether or not it's achievable is a different story.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a chance to make that kind of money? Any idea what’s realistic for this role then?

If it’s not even close... this trend of just straight lying to folks about their comp is getting reaaaal old.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

many people at Hologic saw their own current jobs posted on recruiter websites. Every single time, the on target income was way overstated. In some cases by like 50-100K.

When you think it’s the right time, ask them how the comp plan works, and how this territory gets there at plan.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the past, top performing reps could definitely earn $275k - $400k, with imaging reps on that upper number, and interventional reps about 15% less with similar performance. Not sure where top reps will land with the new structure/comp plan, but should approach those numbers assuming quotas aren't way our of whack.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone have any real world estimate on what average compensation is currently?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m hearing this division is in a disaster tail spin. Any inside info?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That couldn’t be any further from the truth. I have to believe this is being conflated with another division.

Read a few quarterly call transcripts to determine for yourself. I think you will find this division to be a rather strong one.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Getting my info from reps who left and jumped ship to Hologic. Feedback is that it’s a mess, goals are unrealistic and the culture is toxic. People looking to leave in droves.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

May be some bias there due to their departures? Roles were recently merged into one so that can be a challenge to learn the other side of the business. I view it to be more challenging for those that were selling disposables and now trying to also sell capital. Will agree there are some high expectations but not to where I would deem them unrealistic. It is certainly worth exploring further and would not just pass on the role based upon previous reps comments.