Interview and culture

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Feb 15, 2019 at 11:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m looking for honest opinions and experiences. I understand I’m asking CP which isn’t the most positive , but Glassdoor has old reviews and old interview questions ( like 3-5 years old) any advice is appreciated.

I’m interviewing for a Diabetes position, 4 drugs.
    I’m looking for interview format/questions and culture dynamics.

Everything in Glassdoor is very positive , however I feel like it’s outdated .

Thanks again .

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is an honest and fair answer.....Lilly is a great company in many ways. Let me make it simple:

Positives:
    - they value their employees input and suggestions
    - Promote and hire from within first; company loyalty.
    - They treat you well and value your input.
    - Big on diversity
    - Family like culture although big pharma
    - Extra week off in July
    - Lion's share of employees have been there for more than 10 years (look below for the flip side of this phenomenon)

Negatives:
    - Compensation is lower than most pharma companies (salary and bonus, especially in sales with the bonuses.) Part of bonus is how district performs as a whole which can be good and bad.
    - Company car choices are below average. Equinox or Ford Transit, no options to upgrade, no leather unless you are at management level. Lilly definitely needs to up their game here.... it's horrible as the many of the Equinox's have no AC vents in the back seats.
    - Be prepared to live and breathe Lilly ; most employees that have been there 10+ years have drank the Kool-Aid and don't realize there are better opportunities out there.
    - They don't care what you have accomplished at your previous company; be ready to prove your worth for that increase in salary or for a promotion.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also, be prepared to be rewarded for doing everything BUT your job. In sales, numbers do not matter but rather your ability to do extra projects and be seen as “positive” by management is what will get you promoted. If you excel at kissing butt you will be a super star at Lilly. You are not rewarded or promoted on your ability to succeed at your job but network and perfect a positive brand even if it is based on falsehoods as is the case with so many successful employees. Smoke and mirrors!

The above poster is correct as for the incestuous culture. Although they like to believe they are open to diverse and different it is not sustainable. Any diverse individuals that achieve promotions historically don’t seem to stay or sustain their positions.

As for sales reps, high retention is extremely high because reps know a good gig. They do very little, get paid extremely well and in most cases, much more $$ than the prescribers they call on. In reality, Sales Reps can stay on the Lilly bus as long as they want since it is not customary to exit reps for poor sales and behaviors trump everything so this is where the ever so important image and “brand” comes into play. Many reps have been promoted beyond their ability for projects/results that have been exaggerated by management. Management is complicit in this shell game since their success is contingent upon growing, developing and promoting their do nothing reps! The system perpetuates the crazy cycle of looking busy and making up bs so as to justify EVERYONE’S existence!

No matter what Sales people profess, meaningful face to face customer interactions borderline nuisance to customers and have not been valued for a very, very long time. If you accept a position at Lilly be prepared to spend the majority of your energy creating a Teflon brand that will compete with Lilly’s career butt kissers!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is one of the most accurate posts i have read in a long time.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SO true, the butt kissing is paramount to receive ANY promotion....it is sickening. It's like being back in high school or college....all a BIG POPULARITY contest!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the best post ever written. 100% describes my every day life.

And it is true, I have no vents in the backseat of my car. I had to buy a personal car so I can safely drive my kids in my car.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. This poster gets it and could not be more accurate. Dave Ricks needs to read this one and initiate changes in his organization!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn’t be more accurate. People get promoted on behaviors on bogus projects not on sales results. Go figure why our competitors always do better. Maybe there reps are incentivized on sales results. Oh Lilly, when will you get it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you are young and diverse this is the company for you! if you are young and NOT diverse...look elsewhere...if you are over 40 and not diverse you will never get an offer..... Lilly pushes the politically correct agenda....so if you are a liberal you will love it so long as you are young and diverse.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So whats an average life of a primary care diabetes rep? sample dropping? Call Average? Are the drugs written frequently? . whats the skinny. Pay?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are the benefits like for a family ? High deductibles or decent insurance ? How about vacation/floating holidays /volunteer days ??

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another millennial looking for a paid vacation and not a job/ career. Become a politician if that’s what you want.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This also couldn't be more accurate. The amount of bogus projects I see people push to get them promoted to their next role is out of control. No one cares about the quality of the work, they just care that they are creating a story that will get them their next job. It's not at all surprising when I hear about all the product fails.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No. Maybe someone who actually understands the need for a good package. Maybe it is you that needs to get a new job. You clearly are intimidated by someone who values themselves, and refuses to be a 60 year old sales person.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, you’re one of the lazy, entitled, me first , take vs. give snowflake millennial moron.
    The 60 yr. old sales person doesn’t value his/ herself? Hahahahaha! He values himself much more than the 20 something who spends his life being a fake, phony kiss-ass to waste his/ her life giving their souls to the company for a worthless title that doesn’t bring that much more wealth. That 60 yr. old salesman will have spent more time enjoying his family and walk away with more than you’ll ever make in your career, if you ever have a real one. Thats why sales is the best job in the company, dumbass .You want work-life balance. Sales is the place to be.
    Make your numbers, enjoy the rewards of your work. Stay in the right place long enough and you’ll own it. Move into management, Lilly will own you, and your miserable life. if you think “ working” part time and playing or dabbling is going to get you ahead, you’re very stupid and naive. You won’t last that long, and from your stupid response that reveals your childish ignorance and immaturity, you’ll be with the rest of the freeloaders waiting your next handout.

Hope I make it that long, but know the Pharma Heydays are all but finished.
    So, asshole, grow up, face the reality that there’s no free lunch like the Libtard DemRats are telling you; it’s a fantasy and a ploy for your vote. Once they get it, you become an invisible liability to them until the next election.
    Wake up before it’s too late or your mommy and daddy throw your lazy, delusional ass out and life will eat you up and spit you out.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Value themselves = Me, me, me, Take, take, take. The world owes me everything. one year is evil unless it’s somebody else’s. Grow up, cupcake.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Incredibly accurate comment...and sad. I wish I had listened to colleagues who left years ago.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% accurate

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest