Interview help

Discussion in 'Aegis Sciences Corporation' started by anonymous, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am looking for a career change.
    Any information on the company and the interview process would be greatly appreciated!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol um did you not read the other posts?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This position is 35- 50 cold calls a week with little or no support and a horrible comp plan. The sample quotas are extremely aggressive with zero $ payout unless you achieve 75% of the target. If you are behind your yearly goal you must make up that difference + be at 75 % of qouta every month to receive a commission check the following month.
    74.9 % = No money _ No re-evaluations _ No excuses_ No mgr will ask CEO or C Suite 4 UR $ _ No matter the circumstances_ No questions

If you still want to interview ask the hiring manager about Medicaid, Anthem and any other plan in your state. If Aegis isn't covered No $'s. Ask how much Aegis matches commission $ to the 401K! Zero. Finally make sure you find out about the sales career path and the # of promotions in the last couple of years? Zero

If you like high risk and low rewards you should apply!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback. That answers my question. I am currently a pharmaceutical manager looking for change. Are there any hiring manager positions open or do they only hire from within? I am willing to relocate but I need to work from home because I am a single parent.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are kidding, right? Coming from pharma do you really think you can manage an eat what you kill salesforce? They will laugh in your face! May I suggest something more in line with your skills and experience like UPS, FedEx, or GrubHub?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow that’s rude. I am actually not kidding. So you are saying no one from your company came from the pharm industry? If not, where did they come from? It is not too hard to manage sales reps. They do the selling I would just manage. I have been managing for four years. My current company has just recently made the managers start traveling with our reps M-F and I need something more flexible. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The statement "it's not too hard to manage sales reps" sounds a tad boastful. They do not bring in people outside the company to be in charge of regional sales managers. If you're looking for more flexibility in a job and like working strictly from home, this is not the place for you. Instead of commenting on rudeness, read what the person was telling you about the numbers and the unrealistic goals. This is a job much more demanding than what you're making it out to be.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have moved on from this company but my advice is to keep looking. If you are a single parent the RSM position is not the job for you. Being away from home knocking on doors is the hardest job in the company. Do not relocate! It will only be a short term position and you should not put your child through that. Toxicology is done and that ship has sailed. If you ignore my advice and apply go for the ASM position rather than the RSM position. If the new RSM comp plan is true you will not make any $. The RSM position has to travel and is responsible for growing business while the ASM is more administrative. If you need to stay home the ASM matches your needs but I would stay away from both positions and the company as a whole. Good luck whatever you do!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude are you a monkey or what??? First of all you’re late to the party for lab sales. Second of all the poster above gave you detailed info about lack of upward mobility. Do you think it’s because they hire hiring managers from the outside? If you can’t interpret the above paragraph you’d get eaten alive in lab industry. You should interview so we can have a good laugh

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above poster is correct. You would get eaten alive! The contacts that I still have there are looking to get out as fast as they can. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. There will always be a lack of upward mobility because the company needs the productive reps selling.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The poster is correct! You would get eaten alive in that industry. There will never be upward mobility if you are a productive rep. The company needs successful reps bringing in the business. Many of the contacts that I still have there are looking to get out. Do yourself a favor and move on.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 posts that say the same thing? I can see why you are no longer at Aegis. Why don’t you stop giving advice and work on your posting skills. Actually you and the person looking for a managerial job should start a business.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not waste your time. No money to be made at Aegis any longer.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is a joke. Do the sales bosses like Steve and Todd stil show up at meetings with loafers and no socks? I wasted over a year of my career in the tox industry with this company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kindly to the pharma manager - don't jump from a job to get into managing in the tox industry. First off, it isn't just about approving expenses, or evaluating a presentation. This is true consultative selling. Reps that have pharma backgrounds never do as well as those that came from the B2B space. Reason being is they are taught to present, instead of ask questions to come up with a solution. Also, they are so used to being told "yes" by prescribers, and this is a totally different game. You get told to go away, and you have to have the who cares mentality to keep going back in. You have to be super persistent. Aggressive. Managers are expected to be the best of the best sales reps, who can add an extra layer of support or outside the box thinking when it comes to brokering deals. I bring in my manager when I need someone better at selling than me. Understand that although the previous poster was rude, it is probably not in your best interest to get into management here.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kindly to the pharma manager - I am no longer with Aegis but I find these posts amusing being I worked there several years as a sales rep. All of the managers at that time were from pharm. The poster was obviously a tox manager wanting you to believe they do something more than administrative work. Sounds like a manager is insecure of losing their cush job. “I bring in my manager when I need someone better at selling than me” is hilarious. The managers that were there a year ago would not know how to sell much less leave their home to try. Tox is a relationship sale not a let’s bring in “super hero” administrative manager who knows nobody to close the business. Unless things have changed the managers did not make calls with the reps. Do not let the managers fake news get in your way. If you need a job working from home and you have experience with administrative duty’s this may be good for you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont interview to work here.They'll put you on a plan within 2 months if you don't produce to their liking its never good enough.Don't leave or quit your current job for this shithole.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I second this! 25+ reps have resigned this year and more on the way. This company is struggling to sell but can’t. They are desperate and have unrealistic expectations in a dying market.