Interview Process

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interviewed Dec 1st and was told I would be moving to next round in the Derm expansion. I have followed up a handful of times now and still haven’t heard anything. The spot hasn’t been filled yet according to a DM in the same area I know. What’s the deal? Is this normal? Do they have a hiring freeze? How long do I wait? Is an email sent when you don’t get moved on?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like you got the 'crabs and ice water' treatment. My understanding is that you normally get an email within 45 days of an interview. You are close to that limit. If you don't hear by say the end of next week then I would call HR or the particular HM who interviewed you. But don't be surprised if they don't take your call. Question: why are you so interested in this rather mundane and so-so job in the firstplace??

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not the OP, but people apply to job openings because we need a JOB!
    I have been on numerous interviews in my tenure in the industry. During the RSM interview I was asked a question several times that was illegal to even hedge around about.
    I know what was being implied.
    Hello HR?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am one of the HMs interviewing for many Derm positions. I personally feel ashamed that you have not even received an email or call back. Normally when I interview a candidate I let them know WITHIN 3 DAYS one way or the other ! If they pass the interview screen I then alert them of the extensive background, physical and substance checks that can take up to 45 days. Unfortunately there is no Company P&P regarding notifying the applicants, as far as I know. Best of luck. If you do not get hired then consider interviewing at another location OR for another job description.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks HM for chiming in. Similar story to others. Early Dec phone interview with actual HM; told I’d be moved forward. Nothing since. What’s the timeline for offers, training, etc? TIA

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know why the delay in getting back. I do know, however, that the number of open req's has probably increased by 2 to 3 X. That means you should hear very soon and should get a favorable (very generous) offer. I recommend you give the HM several more days then call again. I know senior management will want these slots filled asap.Good Luck my friend!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. I actually had an email exchange with him this morning. As it relates to the position that I was going for, all the indicators are that it is going to go to an internal candidate although no offer has been made as yet. I can’t speak for all of the other geographies, but according to him, AbbVie typically takes this route as their first option.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanking yourself ?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are many openings in the S and SW.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What geography was this for if you don't mind me asking.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

was it Chicago or Naperville?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no, in the South

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's interesting becuz there's a bunch of openings there

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Admittedly, South HM explanation could’ve been a bullshit smokescreen. I believe him, because he didn’t have to respond at all and he responded to my first attempt to contact him. That particular position will likely wind up as an internal hire. I wouldn’t want to try to speak for all of the vacancies. Best of luck to you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The interview process depends on the hiring manager. An increasing number of managers here are cut throat. It seems to be a prerequisite that you have a terrible personality, stab others in the back, and have an elitist attitude to become a manager here. Been sliding downhill for years.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd liken the toxic environment here to be like joining scientology. Beware of what you are getting into!