Interview = Waste of Time!

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First interview, advised I did awesome and to expect follow up for second interview within days. It's been weeks and nothing! Peers across country same experience. Not going to work for a company who overpromises AND under delivers!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YUCK. That's the arrogant world of pharmaceuticals/medical.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's to be expected when the hiring managers have someone balls deep in them. They tend to forget these little details.. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was really disappointed with this interview. I have multiple years of experience in the industry including tops sales results and leadership experience. I have been through many interviews over the years and conducted some of my own. I was completely shocked by how remedial this interview was and how inexperienced the DM seemed.

- I was asked "What did you do for a hobby in college?" Huh- I have an MBA, leadership experience and great sales results....this is what is important
    - I was asked "How I plan my route?" Huh....I have launched multiples products in the past with great success.....What am I the milkman?

I wanted to run the interview for the manager so she could get a good understanding of a candidate. I was very embarrassed for the manager.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked what is my favorite color and
    what is my favorite number? I replied back, I hope
    It's 69 in about an hour . They asked me if I was in a fraternity
    or played a team sport? DMs with 0-1 yr exp
    don't know how to manage and in most cases these
    areas will flop with the product ! Don't believe me...
    Time will prove I'm right .

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG freakin funny colors and #'s . Did you have paint by # examples in your brag book !

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the format that is dictated to Celgene managers. They must follow it. It is not their choice. I have experienced similar interview questions recently at other companies so this must be the new "trend" in interviewing. Yes, it seems stupid, but so does making up a bunch of BS answers for STAR questions. This style is about getting to know the actual person and their history of making decisions. No, it doesn't work all the time as people change, but shitty candidates make it thru other interviews not matter what the questions.

In regards to not hearing back about second interviews, this is up to the recruiter or HR. Managers are not supposed to be contacting/interacting with candidates they are not moving forward with. If someone didn't get back to you, it was HR's fault, not the hiring manager. Let's not pretend like this is uncommon, I would say 50% of the interviews I have had in my career never followed up with me. Yes, it sucks, but it is common place.

I know you all are disappointed that you didn't get hired, you would not be on this website otherwise. So what, you weren't the profile they want. That doesn't mean you are a bad person/rep/etc. Don't take it personally, just keep looking for a job, if you really are a great rep, you will find a company that wants you. Basically, you all need to get over it and move on with your lives.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just wait till they get to club celgene! Balls getting unloaded all over the hotel

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The managers still shouldn't tell people they are moving on and then never contact them again. Very unprofessional.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Celgene on the Oncology side. This is not how we interview. This is not a interview style that you will see in biotech. Those in charge of Immunology decided to do things this way. They are fast becoming a joke inside of the company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fast becoming the joke of pharma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't xeljianz already have that honor?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They had the title for awhile, but the Celgene clowns are taking it to a new level.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am laughing all the way to my retirement condo, beach house, bloated portfolio etc.

signed,
    any rep here for more than 5 years

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you act like you make so much money? Biologic reps make much more than you. What you call money I pay more in taxes. You'll be layed off in a year after this drug flops.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have done very well financially in my 8 years at Celgene. However, the new Immunology division worries me. If their launch does not go well, my options take a hit.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another scared person who is overage with no career path and didn't get the job. Check CELG on stock market fool. Your fat laid off husband can't help you either

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what about the revlimid patent lawsuit? That wouldn't take a hit to your stock?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The revlimid patent lawsuit isn't gaining any traction on the street. Mylan is doing this a lot lately.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more.