Interview = Waste of Time!

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL- clearly you have not been in this industry for very long. MARK MY WORDS. Check this board again on October 1 and we'll see if you have not had any direction to get signatures on each call. I guarantee you will have changed your tune. (That is IF you are still employed and IF you are man enough to admit the truth.)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, you are right, little fella:

-they only hired hot chicks
    -they only hired young chicks
    -the data from Stifel and RBC and UBS and Wells Fargo showing TRx trends is bogus because it was reported on investor village
    -the oncology reps are real worried
    -only biologics pros can compete in this arena
    -very micro culture - you must get a signature for a call? ok. not even sure how you do that but ok
    -their are no prescriptions in your territory
    -just another oral product
    -HR is holding all the applications so that can, did I get it right, sell the product once it fails?
    -they only hired ADPis
    -the real pros interviewed and walked out
    -the oncology reps are very, very concerned
    -only a biotech pro can compete in this space
    -look at their linkedin pages, there are no ugly people

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth is they are only folks coming from CONTRACT COMPANIES!!! And no they are not hiring anyone with a few years of experience. It's a newbie position fellas! Lastly, this is more of a female's role esp when calling on Dermatologists.

Why would anyone with real experience want to work with newbie managers?!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the New Jersey district is dead last, what does that tell you, since when is NJ last during launch...you hire bad and you get bad; relationships are what sells, its tried and true, Celgene is trying to outsmart the process and it never works

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NJ was actually far from last in rankings. Glad to know a non employee w all these relationships doesn't have or isn't erring accurate information.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's all put a reminder in our calendars to meet here on January 1, 2015 so we can all enjoy a collective "I told you so" with Tommy Callahan once he is back in contract sales.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

relationships are not what sells...it is a good sales person..don't assume or you will make an ass out of u and me

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have they completed all interviews?? I interviewed but still getting these 'new' postings from Celgene Auto emails..

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No? I can look at the resumes of basically everyone hired so far on linked in, and it is a pretty clear picture. Most of the sales force is just like you- they all think they can be a manager in 3 years. Welcome to reality- even when the job market was good and there were 3 times as many pharma jobs as there are now, any company who would hire a 3 year rep to be a manager is not a compnay I would want on my resume. When you try to get a real job with that crap on your resume, you will be laughed out of the room. People who know this industry will quickly recognize you for the half wit that you are, knowing that anyone with any real potential would have made better career choices.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know one of the RM's and trust me, it's coming. He has done it with every team he has ever had. The only way you will not be asked to do this is if your ipad and car are already equipped with tracking software so that they know where you are every minute of every day. And trust me, if this is the case, it is not a "passive system that will only be checked if there is reason for it." It will be monitored regularly.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't look at any profiles on LinkedIn. YOU simply take what is posted on this board and pound your chest like you're some kind of expert. If you did take the time to troll LinkedIn to see who was hired then you're a bigger loser then you even know.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your post reveals that you are lying. 1 RM is a woman, so that leaves 2 RMs.

Of those, 1 is a device sales pro where calls mean nothing and performance means everything. He will never create call expectations because he know it doesn't help but hurts.

The other RM is a marketing guy from the NE. We can't see anyone up here with enough regularity to use a call plan. It's dog eat dog. We get the calls where we can get the calls.

So, go back to making fun of hires, the efficacy, the cars, whatever it is you do to keep yourself awake in your basement and we can move on from this lie.

I&I does not and will never have call signature requirements.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed with this disorganized company as well. They moved the interview around three times. It was a joke. I pulled myself out of the process after the first interview because of the lack of professionalism. It is a clear sign of an undercurrent of widespread, systemic problems.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What idiot would "pull themselves out" of basically any interview let alone one of the hottest bio techs out there?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did have one face to face interview and did not get any further. I am overqualified simply due to years of experience and the fact that I have been in hospital for many years. (currently employed) but no derm experience which I was told wasnt a concern. I interviewed solely because it was Celgene. Admittedly, I might have taken it just to get into Celgene. I interviewed with a very young manager. Very nice but unimpressive. Like everyone I checked many of the people out on Linkedin. I have even seen one female manager with no previous management experience. I dont know what the end-game is or what the strategy was, but the whole thing is strange.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WRONG. This RM is not female, not fro device, and not from the NE. You might want to take your socks off, it might help you get an accurate count.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for giving me the best laugh I've had all day! "One of the hottest biotechs out there." Only if your are measuring hotness by "club celgene" standards...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truest post this far. It's so weird. Can't figure out the endgame.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the manager you interviewed with in the Mid Atlantic area with initials GS? This guy is a total joke! No idea how to conduct an interview. The entire time I was saying to myself 'wtf does he have a clue of anything???'. From recruiter to interview was a joke and unprofessional. For some reason, the postings are now back up online. Wtf.. Whoever they hire, good effin luck! Wouldn't leave where I'm at if they doubled my salary. What a mess!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Postings won't come down until offers are made so they just keep reposting. My interview was fine, basic but talked about strategy. Didn't mind my process one bit. Sorry you had a bad experience.