Interviewing for Reapiratory

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Oct 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is this division ? I have a second interview and it sounds like challenges exist like any position
    What are the car choices at BI? Can you use your own vehicle? How is commission?
    Any real input appreciated

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, it’s respiratory

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your real challenge is spelling.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll give you as best an answer as I can. The division is a shell of it's former self. Spiriva was and is a top notch drug that has been the #1 product for the company for a long time. It keeps the company running in many ways. Spiriva is going generic in about 2 years. Stiolto is the name of the game now for the company. It's been performing horribly since the day it was launched. It has quite literally never, not once, hit it's target goal nationally. In 2016 only 16% of the nation hit 100% of their commission plan. This year has been better, but it's still a huge challenge. Your commission will, largely depend on your managed care coverage. Some parts of the nation are good, others are horrible. Stiolto is basically just another "Me too" drug. It's fine, it's a decent product. However, it doesn't do anything better than the huge list of other medications on the market now. Most people here are concerned about their future as there is nothing in the pipeline and it's quite obvious Stiolto isn't a very good product. That said, pharma is tough at most companies lately.

Your car choice shouldn't be a deciding factor for which pharma company to choose.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BI is the best. Great culture. Endless pipeline. And everyone here drives a German sports car.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct & thank you for the feedback. I received an offer and in the process of negotiating! Thank you for the positive response

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Negotiaing? They will offer you X; take it or leave it. And, PTO is by a formula, which actually is very generous. I got 28 days to start, plus 3 floaters. That's 6 weeks off! And, since I only work 10-2 from Tuesday to Thursday, it's a pretty OK gig.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Commission" when have we worked on "commission"? I would not trust any answer to your question that does not correct you "commission" question and then answers using that same term! No big pharma company pays on commission.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well looks like you either have a severe lisp or a literal deficit
    So you should negotiate your way right into the Respiratory division at BIPI
    Maybe you could even get pwomoted to idiopwathic pwumonary fibwosis
    I understand they are doing great things on their one call a week avg and moving some serious markets

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not so! If it were true they’d already work for BIPI. #CelebrateMediocrity

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Piece of shit division and manager. Micro manager. Does not know how to coach. Was a rep for nearly a decade with poor sales results. Now he is a manager using his weight on others because he was trampled on by regional manager that retired. He once told me not to call on a doctor because he was a Democratic. Go figure who gives a freck the doctor was writing my drug.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you referring to Chucky? It is Halloween after all - has his whole district running like child’s play

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what is the salary range for the executive respiratory position? Are territories large?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The range can really vary on so many levels - Internal / External factors
    Boehringer is the cheapest place to work it’s a step above Enterprise Rent a Wreck

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Range is huge and it depends on your current salary to some extent. Pay here goes from 68,000 to 90,000 as far as I can tell, so I have no idea about how they would judge you. Territory size varies. If you are in a metro area it will be small. If you are rural it could be large. Territories at BI tend to be a reasonable size.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i interviewed and they can’t meet my current salary of 96k . Not sure if I was just not the right candidate and that was a BS line. I had actually thought the position which sounded like a speciality gig would be around 105K . Maybe some will get that based on experience but I was not gonna move forward for the same pay.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha. Buddy there ain't nobody handing out 105k salaries. If you're really making 96 you better hang on tight.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

salaries low, manager asked me to bathe him at Marriott hot tub

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not a specialty job, just a fancy title to make you feel good about the low pay.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First, I don't work for BI,but one thing I do know that's the absolute truth, is there are companies paying $105K and a lot more than that. If $90k is your top, then BI is way, way behind the average. I know Merck ONC reps whose salary is $155k + !