Interviewing next week expansion

Discussion in 'Oxford Immunotec' started by anonymous, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hi I am hoping someone can help me. I may interview next week due to my company going down the tubes fast.
    It's the new expansion into physician offices.
    I hear 150k is that even close to a possibility?
    Also how is the manager out west in CA?
    I've done the OR thing and am actually trying to get out what is why I'm considering this company.
    Thx!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Following. Could have written this myself. I'm on the east coast. I was told 85K base, 90K on top of that commissions guaranteed for 1 year? Maybe its a different position?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? I was just told yesterday it's a 70-80 k base and 150 at plan.
    It's for the physician office expansion division. You?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also there's 2 divisions. Hospital and now physician offices which my recruiter mentioned she was filling 13 positions for

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

150K? Lol. More like 80K and constant pressure from the management to sell an inferior and logistically difficult product.

Run....fast.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thx. Are you in the hospital division? The recruiter mentioned 170k for hospital and 150k for physician offices. This companies thread is pretty bad so I'm definitely concerned.

Do you have any opinions on the manager out west? Jason green I think his name is?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Following- I was told that you could negotiate the base up to 85k and that the guarantee for the first year is 150k- but it sound too good to be true if its such a great product.

the message boards aren't really in favor of this company...why?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard there was a really horrible area sales director that was a lady here not sure if she still is does anyone know who I referring too? Do not want to interview either if she is

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

im interviewing for a position on the east coast - for the physician office role. the message boards worry me too. lots of linked in profiles with reps listing this in their past... cant be good if its a new company/product? help!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Understanding that this is a 'start-up,' there will be growing pains. However, I was approached and did research on linkedin on current territory reps. I wanted to see how long they have been working there. Just to get a sense of employment stability. What I found wasn't good. Most of them are also new hires and been there for less than 2 years. The ones that left, where also there for less than two years. To me, that screams micro-managing, poor sales culture, or that the comp plan given at the time of recruitment did not pan out. I would have like to seen more 3-5 year tenured reps, and I might have found one or two tops.

Lets face it, not many jobs like this that pays over $150K at plan. I'm of the opinion that you can micro-manage me all day if I'm making that kind of money, meaning obviously you as manager are helping me do something right to earn that comp. But, I have a feeling that is not the case. I passed.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm getting the exact same vibe. I don't want to go from one bad situation to another. Too many reps leaving after under a year. Yikes. I'm going to save myself the drive to the interview and pass as well.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I spent a miserable year there. I had totally forgotten it and moved on, until the recruiter who placed me just emailed me introducing herself and going into detail about this great biotech opportunity. It was Oxford Immunotec.

Sadly, the same promises that were made to me continue to be made and I'm telling you right now--it's all BS. I only know of about 2-3 reps who have made what they claim in the past several years. Give me a break, man. The culture is terrible, the turnover is the most I've ever seen and micro management is worse than what you would experience at a big Pharma company.

Still, was thankful for the laughs.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They still making you draw those stupid fucking pictures in attempts to sell that shitty test?

To this day whenever I tell anyone about how this company requires us to draw pictures on whiteboards they look at me like I have 3 heads haha. Most awkward shit ever!

"Excuse me Director of Human Resources while I take out my whiteboard and erasable markers so I can draw you a picture. After I tell you this story we are going to make hand turkeys and hand them up on the wall"

Hahah fucking joke

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people are dropping like flies

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

heard more and more reps continue to the leave company.

What is the deal??

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

does this company still micro manage??

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Micro Managing at crazy high levels..only take this if you are unemployed or desperate

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

only idiots would work here !!! Upper management sucks and has no idea what actually goes on in the real world !!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

heard oxford has greatest upper mangement , the best product , best training , the best meetings and heard they never micro manage? Can anyone sheed some light on this????

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

oxford with another great aquisition. Looks like this one will still keep them from making money !!!