Interviewing w/Phadia/WSI

Discussion in 'Pharmacia Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Nov 14, 2006 at 9:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the interview process and have a few questions:
    What is the typical base salary?
    How is training?
    Any competition for Immunocap, and will the sales force be selling the RA test?
    Any problems with insurance coverage for the test?
    Management style?
    Vacation policy?

Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please share how your interview went. I'll be interested to hear who you met with and your thoughts on them....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These are all questions you should be asking your interviewer, not asking here on CP. Now get a life.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Phadia/WSI management should get a life, rather than spending their time on these boards.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You ask too many friggin questions! Apply for one of our friggin jobs and find out! The Swedes have been promoting this concept since the early 70's and market share has not grown substantially over the past 30-40 years. That must tell you something.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You better switch to decaf......geeeeez.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base is in the low to mid 60's.
    Training is two weeks back in Michigan
    There is competition (ImmunoLyte and RAST)
    Most of us are partenered with Quest, and they have lost the contracts for Blue Cross and United, so yes there are problems with insurance companies.
    Management style is dependent on your DM. Some are hands off, and other are micro legends.
    Vacation for a new hire is normally 1 or 2 weeks in your first year.

My advice, as someone who has been here for 2 years is be cautious. This company has a running history of letting go those reps who weren't fortunate to take over solid territories. The whole WSI partnership makes many of us worry about our future and the company is now stuck between letting people go and expanding. Hope this help with your decision.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the answers/advice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you work for this company, you better drink a lot of coffee. Pay is low, territories are huge and the products suck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested as I see they have a CA position open with higher base salary than 60k, as mentioned on this board. Is it truly that slow and boring?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I m in the interview process with Phadia and want to know if you have roommates in training?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also got a request to send my resume in for the Houston Territory. Is the territories that large. I've been in the industry for 12 years and big to me means all of Texas. So how many reps are in the Co.?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, terr's are not that big - this is an old post - i think we have like 160 people now, and 15 or 16 in Texas. I do know there are two texas districts, but they might have some other states as well. It seems like we only really cover the big cities and outskirts.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I am sure I am not on a correct board but my husband is considering a job in Kalamazoo and has a phone interview. This is for management in SHIPPING, not sales. So I am hoping to get a nice answer on just benefits as a company whole, etc. I am hoping people are not as sarcastic and snotty as read in previous answers so please, anybody that has a good heart and willing to share the insurance/benefit information?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hah, don't pay attention to most of these people, CafePharma is just ridiculous.

Phadia Portage home office is a GREAT place to work. Benefits are top-notch, better than most places - we are growing >20% a year, so there is always plenty to ship out of the DC! I can't put too much on this site, other than if he gets the job he will NOT be disappointed.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous poster is sadly misinformed and most likely a newbie. Phadia and in-vitro allergy is a dying business in the US. Sales have remained stagnant at best. Your husband would do better to look elsewhere . . . . . . . certainly not at Phadia and certainly not in pharma.

A word to the wise!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong again assh*le. Sales have been climbing over 20% every year for the past 8 years in the US, no other pharma company can say that.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

except that insurers have us in their sight

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMmunocap is a drop in the bucket. Insurers spend more on 1 day of lipitor reimbursement than they do on a full year of immunocap.

Compared to all other lab work we are also a drop in the bucket. They spend a hell of a lot more on CBC and lipid panels.

Fact is, test is still way underutilized and offers great value to providers and insurers.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lipitor is a treatment with outcomes data. Immuncap is a diagnostic test without outcomes data. Value? Phadia's panels are very large thus the value is lost.